Navigation by Post Code UK

Billym44

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi all.. Probably another easy message for someone to answer but I can't seem to resolve it. Using the Navigation system, I want to input a UK post code (e.g. SK8 7AS) but I can't get the car to acknowledge it or use it. I've tried putting in Cheadle Hulme as the town (which it is for SK8) but the car just wants to give me Cheadle Hulme town centre. Even if I put in an actual road, which I know to exist, the system isn't finding it, again even when I put in the town (locality). It's not a new build area, so it's not a case of the system not being up to date. Any suggestions please? Previous cars have just taken the post code and its so easy?

Could things to try could be try putting the postcode in with/without the space. OTher than that you could try the naviextras update but based on you saying its not a new build, i'm pessimistic if that would actually add it. Another thing you could try to expand on the comment made is try android auto or apple carplay. To do this, simply plug your phone into the left hand USB in the car. After then going through the self explanatory setup process, you should be able to use another navigation provider such as Google maps, Waze or TomTomGO via the screen in the car, All of which work better than the inbuilt solution other than the fact they use your phones GPS signal which can be weak on budget phones, And a frame buffer issue on android auto where the video stream begin to lag behind, needing you to press the home button on the car than go back into android auto via the icon.

One day I'll understand this car. Tried the post code this afternoon, and everything worked absolutely fine! Thanks to the two of you for taking the time to reply. Another one of the MG's little quirks perhaps.

I've never used the car's satnav. Found it clunky and unintuitive. (To be fair I'm the same with the ones in the Peugeot vans I drive for volunteer work, also my previous car, a Skoda).

Always use Google maps. Free, usually bang up to date, really good search facility and offers alternative routes if traffic levels change.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom