Navigation instructions and Vehicle Radio problems

oldevboy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
My MG4 is still failing to allow the vehicle radio playing and getting navigation instructions from Waze or Google maps. It is not a question of volume control level for reasons I will explain later. I have android auto version 9.8 on my phone and Waze and Google maps are Jun/Jul releases. If I call up BBC Sounds in place of the Vehicle Dab radio then I can get navigation instruction and radio sound from the selected BBC station, correctly.
However, I also have the excellent maps app Osmand on my phone and if I call that in place of Waze or GM, then I get navigation instruction and vehicle Dab radio correctly played, with the Dab radio muted while instruction are announced. Can someone tell me when the MG 4 software is going to be corrected to allow Dab radio and Waze or GM to work correctly. On Google search this same issue was being discussed and complained about in 2020! Why is there such an intractable problem when Osmand maps can solve it completely? Could it be infighting at Google?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 528 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back