Negotiating on an MG4 Trophy

joelhuds

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hello all - newbie here. Currently negotiating with a dealer on a new Trophy Long Range. I’ve got £1,500 off the list price with the 0% PCP already offered. Would you say that’s a good deal and is there anything I should be aware of before placing the order? (I’ve never bought a brand-new car before)

They have also offered the ceramic coating for £399 and RTI/GAP for £399 also.

Don't bother with the ceramic coating or the GAP insurance.
The Gap insurance can be found online at 1/3 that price and a professional detailer will make a better job of ceramic coating with better preparation than the dealers do for around the same price.

You could look into the Affinity scheme that enables a good discount off MGs ... but I don't know if the 0% PCP deal could also apply.

Hello all - newbie here. Currently negotiating with a dealer on a new Trophy Long Range. I’ve got £1,500 off the list price with the 0% PCP already offered............

£1500 off and 0% PCP at the current time is a great deal IMHO ... just go for minimum deposit at 0% 😁 and as long a term as possible. I doubt even the MG Affinity Scheme would beat that over a long period but worth doing the maths on a spreadsheet. I'm pretty sure the MG Affinity Scheme does'nt allow the 0% PCP option. Also remembering that what you don't pay upfront now can be earning 5.5% in a decent Savings Account 👍

Good luck with your negotiations and order 😉

Quote from MG Affinity Scheme 29 Jan 2023 :-

Trophy.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all - newbie here. Currently negotiating with a dealer on a new Trophy Long Range. I’ve got £1,500 off the list price with the 0% PCP already offered. Would you say that’s a good deal and is there anything I should be aware of before placing the order? (I’ve never bought a brand-new car before)

They have also offered the ceramic coating for £399 and RTI/GAP for £399 also.
I didn't know 0% pcp was back. That sounds like a great deal. You could check what cables are included plus mats or mud flaps?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back