New Car Collection Day!

Knuttt

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just a little excited here, off to collect my new Long Range tomorrow, not sure how much sleep I’m going to get!

Have had our ICE Mondeo Diesel Estate for 17 years now so this is going to be quite a change…

Dealer doesn’t want me there until about 2pm but I’m going to have to restrain myself not to be knocking on their door at opening time! 😝

Have a lovely route back through the Peak District planned. 😎

Will post a few pictures here hopefully.

Going for a red one with spare wheel kit, protection pack and charging cable.

Andy

Dealer doesn’t want me there until about 2pm but I’m going to have to restrain myself not to be knocking on their door at opening time! 😝
Me too, but #TeamSilver
Other way round though. Dealer set an appointment in the morning but I have something I can't get out of so had to move it to later... It had better be fully charged as it's a long trip home (Well, it isn't, but I might take a few detours...)

Hope you enjoy your 5 ev - took delivery of mine a month ago, last week got an error message when turning the car on (DCDC Battery Failure). Towed away to nearest MG dealer. Issue still not sorted 🥲

Happy New Car day everyone!
I too got mine 9:30 this morning from Crewe MG, was their first 71 plate (took my picture and everything!!)
Also, to echo Andy from the original post, this really is a great forum, full of very knowledgeable and giving people
I'm chuffed to finally be an MG5 owner.

Tim.

Well, collected, played, and back home. Plugged in (outside GO hours, I know) just to make sure the 13a plug on the extension doesn't get too hot before I move it to midnight charging...

So, I have one error ("Intelligent Speed Assist Fault Consult Handbook" a couple of times. Emailed the dealer), one unexpected setting (seems I can set the battery heater to always on, Thought that was for Norway only) and one neighbour now looking at MG electric cars...

We've just ordered pre reg Exclusive, mats and the dealer is paying most of the charging cable cost. be totally different to our top of the range qashqai but the trade in value could not be ignored. Now retired mileage has dropped from 35k pa in my company a4 to 10k across our 4 privately owned cars (yes I know we’re greedy but SWMBO needs a supermini Skoda citigo to commute, i need an old 4,6 v8 Range Rover to assist daughter with her ponies, the Astra twin top convertible as my late mid life crisis toy and the QQ as the family car ). looking forward to getting it next week.

Well, collected, played, and back home. Plugged in (outside GO hours, I know) just to make sure the 13a plug on the extension doesn't get too hot before I move it to midnight charging...

So, I have one error ("Intelligent Speed Assist Fault Consult Handbook" a couple of times. Emailed the dealer), one unexpected setting (seems I can set the battery heater to always on, Thought that was for Norway only) and one neighbour now looking at MG electric cars...
Sounds fun! I had a test drive of long range 5 on Monday and ordered one (delivery end of October). I tried turning on Intelligent Speed Assist, but it just went straight back to "off". I asked the dealer, but they weren't sure what would cause that. Might be similar to the erro you have I guess??

Sounds fun! I had a test drive of long range 5 on Monday and ordered one (delivery end of October). I tried turning on Intelligent Speed Assist, but it just went straight back to "off". I asked the dealer, but they weren't sure what would cause that. Might be similar to the erro you have I guess??
You probably had the same thing that I got caught out by on my test drive.
Intelligent speed assist only works with the ACC stalk pushed back into the 'OFF' position. If you try to change the setting in the infotainment unit to Manual or Intelligent with the ACC in the on or standby mode, , it will immediately revert back to 'off'. The dealer didn't know that, but we figured it out between us.

Incidentally, if you have it set to 'Manual' or 'automatic' then pull the ACC stalk forward it will also set to 'off', but will go back to the previous setting when you turn the ACC system back off.

My issue was slightly different. the ACC was off, and the ISA was on, then an error popped up and it switched off.

The dealer is asking his techies if they've seen it before, and I'll keep an eye on it.

You probably had the same thing that I got caught out by on my test drive.
Intelligent speed assist only works with the ACC stalk pushed back into the 'OFF' position. If you try to change the setting in the infotainment unit to Manual or Intelligent with the ACC in the on or standby mode, , it will immediately revert back to 'off'. The dealer didn't know that, but we figured it out between us.

Incidentally, if you have it set to 'Manual' or 'automatic' then pull the ACC stalk forward it will also set to 'off', but will go back to the previous setting when you turn the ACC system back off.

My issue was slightly different. the ACC was off, and the ISA was on, then an error popped up and it switched off.

The dealer is asking his techies if they've seen it before, and I'll keep an eye on it.
Ah - that makes sense, and is good to know - thanks. Do you find the Intelligent Speed Assist works well? When I saw it on the menu I thought it might actually slow the car to the speed limit, but a quick check of the MG website shows that it just flashes up the speed limit change on the display.

Ah - that makes sense, and is good to know - thanks. Do you find the Intelligent Speed Assist works well? When I saw it on the menu I thought it might actually slow the car to the speed limit, but a quick check of the MG website shows that it just flashes up the speed limit change on the display.
it's OK. As long as there is a sign, it'll set the limit automatically for you. It clears at junctions and corners and looks for another sign so if you're driving round a 30 area (so there are regular streetlamps, but not signs) then it doesn't know so it doesn't set a limit. It assumes 60 for a national speed limit sign.

It won't slow you down to the limit but it will flash (or bong if you have the audible alert switched on) to warn you that you're speeding. Once you're below or at the limit, it stops you going back above it (unless you floor it to override).

For me, on my journey home from pretty much anywhere, I come of the motorway onto a short 40 section then into a 30 and I'm notorious for going slightly fast in that 30 until I realise (or the missus reminds me) so this is quite handy.

One slight annoyance though (and maybe someone could check if this happens to them or if this is related to the warnings I got) is that it does seem to set the speed assist back to 'off' in the infotainment system each time I start the car, so I have to set it back on in there before I can press the blue button.

Hope you enjoy your 5 ev - took delivery of mine a month ago, last week got an error message when turning the car on (DCDC Battery Failure). Towed away to nearest MG dealer. Issue still not sorted 🥲
It would be great to hear what the issue was when it's sorted. Have MG provided you with a courtesy car?

Just a little excited here, off to collect my new Long Range tomorrow, not sure how much sleep I’m going to get!

Have had our ICE Mondeo Diesel Estate for 17 years now so this is going to be quite a change…

Have a lovely route back through the Peak District planned. 😎

Will post a few pictures here hopefully.

Going for a red one with spare wheel kit, protection pack and charging cable.

Andy
Have to say I am a little jealous, my black MG5 LR is due "sometime in october" and I have to say I am finding the wait challenging.

I think I have gotten so used to "next day delivery", "instant coffee" and the rest, that over a month for something I want feels like a punishment 🙃

Have to say I am a little jealous, my black MG5 LR is due "sometime in october" and I have to say I am finding the wait challenging.

I think I have gotten so used to "next day delivery", "instant coffee" and the rest, that over a month for something I want feels like a punishment 🙃
Yeah - I was indecisive between silver and black. Was leaning towards Black at first but the 'Early September' or 'Sometime in October' just tipped the scales back the other way.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom