New Car Day - Initial questions

When you remote lock you car you get a short horn sound every time :-(. Really annoying. How can you switch that off? Tried setting but couldn't work it out. Any advice?
Just tried the remote lock on mine and it didn't sound the horn at all.
Perhaps one of the doors or the boot isn't fully closed? :unsure:

Thanks. I understand that but my question was is there a separate heater button (like AC one) that I am missing. Sounds like we don’t have a dedicated heater button / control on this car so the car basically decides when to switch heater on/off even in manual mode - not great but ok.

I am usually in the habit of driving normally with HVAC usually running to lower speed directed towards windscreen. And only when it’s cold and heater is really needed to switch on the heater and keep it switched off otherwise.
When you bring up the main HVAC screen, if you hit the ON button, this will provide heat to the cabin.
In what ever temp setting you have selected.
If you then press the A/C button below it, it will switch from providing heat, to providing cooler air !.
You can manually toggle this switch on and off, or use the auto button and then set the desired cabin temp.
Regarding the KERS setting.
The Gen1 or the Gen2 does not memorise the previous drive or KERS settings.
It defaults to normal drive mode and Regen level 3 on start up, the driver has to select any options from then.
It will only hold these settings until the car is powered down, then it will reset back to the default settings again.
I find that the Regen 3 on the facelift model is not as strong as the previous Gen1 model.

When you remote lock you car you get a short horn sound every time :-(. Really annoying. How can you switch that off? Tried setting but couldn't work it out. Any advice?
This short single pap of the horn, when locking, will only be heard IF you have not closed one of the doors correctly, or the hatch back.
Not sure on the bonnet though ?.
Also it will single pap the horn, if you leave the car ( even if you take the key ) but have failed to press the STOP button correctly, before you leave the car.
It is to remind you that you have left the car powered up !.
Ask me how I know this 🤫.
I have done this a couple of times now, put the car into neutral, then pressed the PARK button on the gear selector.
Miss placed pushing the STOP button and jumped out of the car, then tried to lock the car with the fob, to receive the single pap from the horn.
Doors will not lock of course.
Return to the car, press the STOP button, close the drivers door and NOW lock the car with the fob !.
Mirrors folded, car is locked 🔒.
Mirrors unfolded, car is un-locked.

When you bring up the main HVAC screen, if you hit the ON button, this will provide heat to the cabin.
In what ever temp setting you have selected.
If you then press the A/C button below it, it will switch from providing heat, to providing cooler air !.
You can manually toggle this switch on and off, or use the auto button and then set the desired cabin temp.
Regarding the KERS setting.
The Gen1 or the Gen2 does not memorise the previous drive or KERS settings.
It defaults to normal drive mode and Regen level 3 on start up, the driver has to select any options from then.
It will only hold these settings until the car is powered down, then it will reset back to the default settings again.
I find that the Regen 3 on the facelift model is not as strong as the previous Gen1 model.
Thanks for your response.

HVAC - My point was having a way to have fan still blowing fresh air with heater switched off (which is what I could easily do with my previous electric cars like Leaf or Ioniq).

KERS - Not sure why MG haven't improved this part or do a software update to remember this setting, makes a big difference. Also the brake pedal on Gen2 doesn't do anything with KERS which is a major step back and we lose REGEN from all press of brake pedal in any situation (only get standard/limited fixed REGEN based on KERS level when you depress the accelerator). Surely this needs to be raised to MG as not great.

HVAC - My point was having a way to have fan still blowing fresh air with heater switched off (which is what I could easily do with my previous electric cars like Leaf or Ioniq).
Okay I fully understand know.
NO - As best as I can tell, you can not run the blower motor fan without bringing on the HVAC.
You can have a “Free Flow” of air from the outside, passing into the car, by deselecting the recirc button at the bottom of the HVAC front screen.
The HVAC defaults to recirc ON by default.
It is easy to get caught out by this.
If you are running the HVAC in damp weather, then turn it off, I find the windows start to mist up very quickly.
This is because the recirc mode has defaulted back in.
I have to remember to unselect it in the front screen.
On the Gen1 model, it was easy to tell what mode was selected, because it had a toddle switch that would be showing, when recirc was activated.

You can open the tailgate if the car is locked as long as you have the key near you, no need to press the key. Opening the tailgate does not open the doors, they remain locked.

If you subsequently leave your key in the boot after opening the tailgate, on closing the tailgate it will immediately reopen to prevent you locking your key in the car.

Another mystery hour question :) . Radio channel is stuck on the same channel. No matter which channel you try and change it to does not change!. I solved it once by turning off ignition completely and then all channels worked fine. But now its done it again and even after turning off the car its stuck to one channel only?
Could it be a software bug?

Reset the infotainment system with a long press of the home button. This will clear everything and then will take about 10mins to reload all stations.

I would assume, if you set the Auto temperature to the same as the outside ambient air temperature, the HVAC will be on but not heating or cooling (AC off). You can then adjust the fan speed as required.

Collected mine yesterday, very please with it, a huge step up in quality and ride compared to my 2019 1.0lt Auto ZS, the suspension is so much smother over a bumpy road into my village, used to try and avoid in the old car as it used to make a right ding in the cabin. The infotainment system is amazing, need to play with it a little more to remember where things are.

The only question I have is how do you point/adjust the AC fan to blow more in the rear vent, as the offspring complain that they can't feel it? :rolleyes:

Collected mine yesterday, very please with it, a huge step up in quality and ride compared to my 2019 1.0lt Auto ZS, the suspension is so much smother over a bumpy road into my village, used to try and avoid in the old car as it used to make a right ding in the cabin. The infotainment system is amazing, need to play with it a little more to remember where things are.

The only question I have is how do you point/adjust the AC fan to blow more in the rear vent, as the offspring complain that they can't feel it? :rolleyes:

LOL easy solution just don't let the offspring in the car.

One thing I did read worth noting was that in eco mode the AC does not run at full compacity to save battery usage.

Just popped out for lunch and had a little play with the app, does anyone know what the difference between A/C and AC Blowing ?

If you can't push the mats down enough onto the clips in the carpet, then unscrew the clips half a turn to raise then slightly. I had to do this on SWMBO's 5.
Do you have to fit the carpet clips into the floor and if so how do you do it? And can they be removed easily if you need to take them out?

Do you have to fit the carpet clips into the floor and if so how do you do it? And can they be removed easily if you need to take them out?
No the clips were already in, they're not easy to turn, quite stiff.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom