New car delivery

Bill Pillar

Standard Member
Reaction score
Well my car is ready but apparently has this fault regarding the drowsiness warning been waiting for mg yo suggest a fix. The dealer is being more than helpfull and say whilst its driveable there are not happy with giving me a car witha fault what everyone's thought should i take it and wait for a fix from mg or wait?

I would take it, you can switch off the audible warning though the graphic will remain.
I agree - with the sound off the visual warning will be an irritation rather than an annoying distraction.

It also means you'll be able to drive it and determine whether it has the oil leak, and also check for the undertray bulge. ;)

Update on my new car.. They can now not let it go out with the drowsiness fault! Apparently MG are aware and will issue an update but have advised the dealer not to let it go out. Also this is happening to a lot of new cars. could be a long wait knowing MG 😡

Update on my new car.. They can now not let it go out with the drowsiness fault! Apparently MG are aware and will issue an update but have advised the dealer not to let it go out. Also this is happening to a lot of new cars. could be a long wait knowing MG 😡
I collected my Trophy this week and it had the same fault. Dealer was aware and had reported it to MG. I was told it would be fixed with a software update. It actually appears to have disabled the drowsiness warning, so it's perhaps not all bad! It just means that I receive a fault warning and yellow exclamation mark symbol every time I start the vehicle.

I collected my Trophy this week and it had the same fault. Dealer was aware and had reported it to MG. I was told it would be fixed with a software update. It actually appears to have disabled the drowsiness warning, so it's perhaps not all bad! It just means that I receive a fault warning and yellow exclamation mark symbol every time I start the vehicle.
Mine exactly the same. Been to dealer today and after two hours unable to clear fault. Reported to MG HQ. Had a call later in afternoon saying they have seen this on a few cars now and will sort ASAP. Probably why earlier members had it being too sensative so maybe fault is in the camera module. Not worried tho' will get sorted. Appears to have fixed my 'Radio Freeze' by reloading latest (R30) software again.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back