New cars stressful ??

If I have a choice, I park next to newer looking cars. Bonus if they are a luxury brand. It's obviously not guaranteed but you'd think the owners of those cars will at least be careful going in and out of their car, and have enough sensors/cameras to not bump into yours.

Avoid at all cost parking next to any cars that have sticky tapes holding the car together, or cars that are badly parked in the first place.
Add old Land-Rovers of cars not to park next to.

Given the choice park into the wind, the doors will be harder to open , but having a door pulled out of your grip to its full extent can damage the cars next to you. Same principle applies to those neighbouring cars and occupants when you are not around.

Picked my new car up at 10:30. At 11:00, I was driving through Cookham High Street, which is notoriously narrow, with sharp granite kerbs either side - a Transit moved out to pass a parked car, and our door mirrors touched 😳. Got home, my plumber turned up to service my boiler - he finished, then backed his van into my (NEW!) car, bending the front number plate 😖😔😪 So, in just a couple of hours, my shiny new car is a total wreck 🤬
WOW, Tony, that's certainly bad luck. Not a good start at all. Hopefully get it sorted and then start enjoying your new motor. 🙂👍

Given the choice park into the wind, the doors will be harder to open , but having a door pulled out of your grip to its full extent can damage the cars next to you. Same principle applies to those neighbouring cars and occupants when you are not around.

Yep, that happened to me years ago at a petrol station 😒. Opened my door and a gust of wind blew it out of my grip and into the petrol pump putting a dent in my Astra GTE door 😢

Well, I've had my Smurf for a whole year without a mark on it...the longest I've had any car without it getting damaged by some careless gimp.

Today however, I got back home from the local Aldi (parked well away from the store) and my sister noticed some 'bird poo' on the passenger door handle. Only its not poo, but a scrape from some pillock opening their door on it! Its gone all the way through to the bare plastic too. :mad:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back