New EV tips

Could I ask another question please. I have ZS EV long range. I am aware that ideally the battery should be kept at between 20% - 80% and 100% for longer journeys. My wife is nervous about letting the battery drop to 20% for everyday use. Would it damage the battery at all if we regularly charge from say 40% to 80% to keep the battery level topped up?

Could I ask another question please. I have ZS EV long range. I am aware that ideally the battery should be kept at between 20% - 80% and 100% for longer journeys. My wife is nervous about letting the battery drop to 20% for everyday use. Would it damage the battery at all if we regularly charge from say 40% to 80% to keep the battery level topped up?
The charging would be via 7kw home charger.

I charge from 40/50% to 70/80% daily and then try and remember to do a battery balance to 100%+ every month

No problem. For the last 28 months, mine's always been somewhere between 40% and 90% charged except for its once a month 100% charge to balance the battery.
The battery health (SOH) has been at 100% up until the last charge when it first showed a drop to 99.75% SOH.

Only slightly related folks, but if anybody is interested in battery degradation, this great short ( ish ) recent video on VW ID3 maybe interesting.
Different manufacturer but easy to migrate over to other EV 's I do feel !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom