New iSmart App? Better or worse?

My Trophy will start the heating if it's plugged in and not charging but, as you point out, only when it is charged to less than 100%. Once it's charged to 100% it won't start the heating. So our Trophy often disguises the exact same problem by not being fully charged. It ought to heat when plugged in regardless of charge state.
Ok, this morning sometime after an overnight charge to 100% plus a bit of balancing afterward. HVAC still switches on via the app with the car left plugged into the charger.

What I did notice though was the car was repeatedly switching the charger on and off whilst the HVAC was on. Maybe if your charger goes into a permanent off state then the HVAC will not switch on?

Screenshot_20230602-092323~2.png

Ok, this morning sometime after an overnight charge to 100% plus a bit of balancing afterward. HVAC still switches on via the app with the car left plugged into the charger.

What I did notice though was the car was repeatedly switching the charger on and off whilst the HVAC was on. Maybe if your charger goes into a permanent off state then the HVAC will not switch on?

View attachment 18009
It's a while since I tried but I think that when it was at 100% it did try to charge and the heating started but then it stopped charging and didn't heat. I'll give it another go if I remember next time I'm at 100%.

Maybe if your charger goes into a permanent off state then the HVAC will not switch on?
You may be correct but it seems counterintuitive because the car clearly does not need active charging to pre heat or cool, it works perfectly when not plugged in for example. My car is with dealer (several glitches and still an oil leak not yet fixed in the previous 12 visits) for last week, collect next week. Among other resolutions I’ve told them that I want an answer on when/if the functionality will be fixed, the previous answer of “this is not currently supported” is not acceptable to me.

It's a while since I tried but I think that when it was at 100% it did try to charge and the heating started but then it stopped charging and didn't heat. I'll give it another go if I remember next time I'm at 100%.
Tried today to cool the car while plugged in and the car charged to 100% and the app asked for my pin, tried to send the request and then failed. I tried 3 times and each attempt failed. So the car didn't even try to start the AC. I know it will do it when the car is plugged in but not fully charged. That's how my one behaves on a dumb Podpoint wall box.

My car was sitting with the charger plugged in, but charged to 100%. Tried to run the HVAC from the app, but no. First it told me to ensure that the car was secure, as it would turn itself on. I said fine, then it told me that the operation could not be executed, try again later. I tried again, same result.

I went out to the garage and unplugged the charger. Tried again, instant success, turning on, sending temperatur, and turning off.

Got my Trophy on Friday, infotainment is R33 for whatever that’s worth, but did a balancing charge overnight last night and was able to run the aircon from the app this morning with the charging finished at 100% and the car still plugged in.
Feb 23 build.
Wanted to test it as someone else said theirs was working, so turned it on and then off again. Of course when I went to run it ahead of going for a drive, it said it wouldn’t do it because I’d already done it and it didn’t want to run my battery down… 🤦‍♀️

Got my Trophy on Friday, infotainment is R33 for whatever that’s worth, but did a balancing charge overnight last night and was able to run the aircon from the app this morning with the charging finished at 100% and the car still plugged in.
Feb 23 build.
Wanted to test it as someone else said theirs was working, so turned it on and then off again. Of course when I went to run it ahead of going for a drive, it said it wouldn’t do it because I’d already done it and it didn’t want to run my battery down… 🤦‍♀️
Good to know it will do it. My Trophy is still on R29 and I'm reluctant to update as my LKA stays turned off all the time! As I'm only charging to 100% for balance charges or ahead of long journeys I can usually preheat or cool from the app when plugged in so it's no big problem.

Tried today to cool the car while plugged in and the car charged to 100% and the app asked for my pin, tried to send the request and then failed. I tried 3 times and each attempt failed. So the car didn't even try to start the AC. I know it will do it when the car is plugged in but not fully charged. That's how my one behaves on a dumb Podpoint wall box.
Failing to start the AC after sending the PIN is usually caused by MGs servers being down.

Good to know it will do it. My Trophy is still on R29 and I'm reluctant to update as my LKA stays turned off all the time! As I'm only charging to 100% for balance charges or ahead of long journeys I can usually preheat or cool from the app when plugged in so it's no big problem.
Typo? I wasn't aware that R29 was a thing for the Trophy. (R24 and R30 yes, but not R29).

Has anyone else’s iSMART app stopped communicating with their car? I’ve not been able to connect for 24 hours now. Car only a couple of weeks old and worked fine until now.

Has anyone else’s iSMART app stopped communicating with their car? I’ve not been able to connect for 24 hours now. Car only a couple of weeks old and worked fine until now.

I used mine yesterday evening and again this morning, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.

Don’t want to curse myself, but mine has yet to fail at any point. Had a couple of occasions where it needed refreshed, but other than that it has worked as expected.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.7%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back