New leccie vehicle

Geo68

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
New electric assist folding bike, gets me home while on a balance charge, works a treat 😀

Attachments

• 20220621_152057.jpg
    20220621_152057.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 122
It’s a shame you can’t charge the bike off these cars really 😆.
Would something like this let you charge the bike batteries from the car ?

Last edited:
Would something like this let you charge the bike batteries from the car ?
It doesn’t take a lot to charge a bike but no doubt some of our sparky associates can tell us. It certainly sounds feasible??

It doesn’t take a lot to charge a bike but no doubt some of our sparky associates can tell us. It certainly sounds feasible??
I'd just like to state, I've no idea, I'm just asking the question.
Wouldn't want anyone to break anything on either end of the invertor.

A lot of e-bike chargers consume 200W+ so would need a larger inverter. Take care to size something suitably and be aware that this is pulling from the 12v battery so might flatten that. The V2L on the other hand.....

A lot of e-bike chargers consume 200W+ so would need a larger inverter. Take care to size something suitably and be aware that this is pulling from the 12v battery so might flatten that. The V2L on the other hand.....
I added another link with Halfords ones that has up to 500W invertors on it.
V2L is obviously designed for that purpose, but unless I'm mistaken, you could be driving around in your car and have your bike in the boot charging off the invertor, which I don't think V2L could do, or maybe V2L cars get a socket inside ?

Last edited:
Charge the bike at home, solves the problem of me breaking/blowing things up

Ah, 3000 miles done in the car, free leckie saving nearly £1000 in petrol, bike paid for 😂😂😂
I see, you were talking Petrol v Electric.
I was thinking free electricity at charge point vs paid for electricity at home.
I think the original comment was made with the assumption that you were charging it away from home for the free electric, and got the bike to get you home, but you'd need to do a lot of miles to make the books balance on that.
But as you can't charge at home it's a moot point.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom