New member saying hello.

Hi Jocko, welcome and happy New Year, you’ll find a wealth of information about the MG brand and the EV’s on this site and just how good value they are for the money your pay. The only bone of contention with the MG 5 as discussed on this site is the decoration roof bars; have you seen these posts?
That said a great amount of range in a really well built car for an entry price.

Thanks, Mark. Yes, I read that thread, but I have never carried anything on a roof rack since the late 60s that is an issue that won't trouble me. However, if they got that wrong, what else is not as stated?

It will seem like a Rolls Royce to you then.....with a racing engine and enough room for a large family ....you will love it. You might just check reversing it.....as it is rather long, compared to a Jazz.

Reversing will be considerably different from the Jazz. The reversing sensors on the Jazz are otherwise known as the rear bumper.
Before retiring, I had a spell as a garage delivery courier with a FIAT Ducato van and previous to that a spell as a bus and coach driver so it should just be a case of getting used to the extra length. The MG5 has the reversing camera too so I will have no excuses!

Ross. Are you getting yours from Frasers in Gorgie Road? I received an email from Wullie Leitch today. I am looking at Tustain Motors in Haddington as I hope to be moving to Danderhall in the future.

I went to their Falkirk branch. It is bigger and actually their Gorgie rd. branch is closed for Covid and all their sales staff are furloughed but Falkirk is running the service and sales (by phone)

I went to their Falkirk branch. It is bigger and actually their Gorgie rd. branch is closed for Covid and all their sales staff are furloughed but Falkirk is running the service and sales (by phone)
I got the call today that my mg5 will be ready soon. I'm in Edinburgh but will need to go to Falkirk to pick it up. Looking forward to the drive home!

I got the call today that my mg5 will be ready soon. I'm in Edinburgh but will need to go to Falkirk to pick it up. Looking forward to the drive home!
I presume we will be picking up our cars at similar times. I got a comfort pack ( home charging fast cable and interior mats) for £0 because of the roof rails controversy.....hope you got the same

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom