New MG4 Owner

AruthurB

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all, new MG4 LR excite ( irish spec i think) owner here, day 3, after spending two days trying to get the app working which i finally got working , im now having another issue im hoping someone can help with, i charged to 100 % last night on a granny cable, now my one pedal driving wont work , it says " unavailable low charge power" everything else seems to work , any ideas?

Anyone know what the threshold is for OPD to work ? I'm at 93% charge and get the same message "unavailable low charge power". Only had the car three days and been checking my granny and 7kw charging cables all work, so I've not had it lower than 93% charge yet !!

Anyone know what the threshold is for OPD to work ? I'm at 93% charge and get the same message "unavailable low charge power". Only had the car three days and been checking my granny and 7kw charging cables all work, so I've not had it lower than 93% charge yet !!
Mine works at about 96%. If you've only just got the car maybe the software needs a set amount of battery usage data before it works?

Thanks ... just tried today at 90% and it stayed on and worked 👍

On the next restart it needed enabling again, so I guess there will be a short list of settings to change every restart (LKA, OPD for starters) !!

Do you need to have a Balance Charge to 100% before the software has an accurate understanding of your charge state? This has to be done using an AC charger. You may have received the car charged to 100% from a DC (rapid+ charger).

Hi all, new MG4 LR excite ( irish spec i think) owner here, day 3, after spending two days trying to get the app working which i finally got working , im now having another issue im hoping someone can help with, i charged to 100 % last night on a granny cable, now my one pedal driving wont work , it says " unavailable low charge power" everything else seems to work , any ideas?
Hi, my MG4 has been doing the same. I was told that one pedal drive will only work when the battery is 85% or less. But it still only works intermittently below that. It's been back 3 times to the dealer. Then MG refused to take it back any more. So I made a video recording of the issue. They've now taken it back in for a 4th time. The MG4 and MG aftercare are utterly useless

Hi, my MG4 has been doing the same. I was told that one pedal drive will only work when the battery is 85% or less. But it still only works intermittently below that. It's been back 3 times to the dealer. Then MG refused to take it back any more. So I made a video recording of the issue. They've now taken it back in for a 4th time. The MG4 and MG aftercare are utterly useless
If it is true that the one pedal drive would work only when the battery is less than 85% as MG say, then why does the error message appearing when the battery is higher than that say "unavailable low charge power"? Surely, it should say "unavailable high charge power." This car has been very badly designed and put together

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.5%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back