New MG5 and Mudflaps!

JamesMG5

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hello fellow MG5 owners and experts!

Are there any OEM mudflaps and boot liner available? My MG dealer seems to think no... would appreciate any advice! Thanks.

My MG5 SR had a 'protection pack' which included flaps, mats and boot liner but I don't think you can get it for the face-lift. Check the accessories list.

The 'extras' department at MG is very lacking. I got. Mudflaps and Mats for my LR but by all accounts they pretty much quit offering them.

I don't know if the Facelift differs in these areas but I suspect the Roewe ei5 mud flaps on AliExpress will still fit.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As that doesn't mention they are specific to facelift or pre, I guess you can assume they are interchangeable. You could check with them on the phone number in the ad.

However I am pretty sure I paid less than £20 for some from AliExpress (for my Mk I), which are just fine.

I have a "Hatchbag" liner in both my MG5 Exclusive and my Octavia estate. They are not cheap but they are custom tailored to each model and are absolutely superb in terms of fit and functionality. The other thing you need is a bumper lip liner, especially if you have a dog whose claws will scratch the bumper.

I bought a boot liner from Amazon for not a lot and it turned out to be rubbish for what I needed.

I was lucky enough to be given an MG rubber boot floor mat and it is brilliant for my purpose. I do supermarket collections for the local foodbank and donations are piled into bags and occasionally spills, but the mat catches it all, and is easy to lift out to clean. But as per the post above it won't be any use against bumper damage from pets etc.

The car looks so much better, especially from the rear with the flaps on.
I found I needed a longer screw than provided on each of the front flaps for the bit that goes into the recess.

The car looks so much better, especially from the rear with the flaps on.
I found I needed a longer screw than provided on each of the front flaps for the bit that goes into the recess.
Absolutely does. I didn't think it would. Looks so much better.

Also agree re the screw.

Hi, I used the AliExpress mudflaps. They fit well, look great and work really well. I did also need to source longer screws for the front recessed mounting points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom