New MG5LR Taxi

I have bought the above and use it for private hire.
My thoughts so far.
Range up to 300 mile plus in town.
Easy to drive.
No gears, so no left leg use.
Low running cost.
passengers do not realise electric as it looks like a normal estate car.
brilliant
love it and had my rear windows tinted.
I'm interested to know what settings you use to get 300 miles - I tend to use Eco mode and KERS level 3, that normally gets me close to the advertised official 249 with mostly town and some motorway. Obviously I won't get anywhere near that at this time of year, but now I'm doing mostly town driving I'd love to achieve the magic 300 :)

I'm interested to know what settings you use to get 300 miles - I tend to use Eco mode and KERS level 3, that normally gets me close to the advertised official 249 with mostly town and some motorway. Obviously I won't get anywhere near that at this time of year, but now I'm doing mostly town driving I'd love to achieve the magic 300 :)
You need to use the 'LRF' setting (Light Right Foot) ... used it on the way to work this morning. 8°C, heavy traffic (crawling), then A-roads (50mph), then M-way (60mph) ... got to work (45 miles) having used 15% battery, just over an hour, 5 miles per kWh ... basically have to not floor it and keep the "efficiency-o'meter" in the first green segment ... boring but true - actually it's quite fun seeing how much you can get out of the car - well I think so anyway! ;)

You need to use the 'LRF' setting (Light Right Foot) ... used it on the way to work this morning. 8°C, heavy traffic (crawling), then A-roads (50mph), then M-way (60mph) ... got to work (45 miles) having used 15% battery, just over an hour, 5 miles per kWh ... basically have to not floor it and keep the "efficiency-o'meter" in the first green segment ... boring but true - actually it's quite fun seeing how much you can get out of the car - well I think so anyway! ;)
I do 55 mph on the motorway going to the area I taxi in and I get flashed, head nods and given the finger. But I just put on the tunes silp my coffee and laugh at them because I know I’ll arrive with loads of charge left that will make me lots of money 😁

I’m getting 150/160 if I’m lucky I’m not impressed really when all you hear about is this 250 figure from the MG dealer

I’m getting 150/160 if I’m lucky I’m not impressed really when all you hear about is this 250 figure from the MG dealer
234 for Trophy Facelift. If it is just the wheel difference between the SE and Trophy I would have liked the SE wheels and the extra 16 theoretical miles.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom