New owner.. A bunch of questions

Vels

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi all, new user looking to trade in the car for my first EV :)

Looking out for a 6-9 month old 4 Luxury (don't know if the model name is everywhere, I'm in Denmark)

Is there anything in particular to be observant of on the 4 when I spot the right car for me?

Getting underbody rustproofing sprayed do/don't?

Can rear lights be programmed to come on with DRL? And is the consumption significant?

What is the real city/mix/highway km in the 64 kWh battery when it's 0-5 degree C (as in 4 months of the year here)

Any must read resources, or any must do items to have a long battery and vehicle life?

I'm in DK too
There are several MG4 in Denmark. Standard Range = Nordic, Long range = Trophy/Luxury LR (MG change their naming every week it seems), and Extended range = Trophy/Luxury ER
You can't have rear lights on only with DRL, they come on by your dipped beam (but maybe a tech technician can fix that?)

I love my ER, it's leased so I can't comment on a few if your Q's

PS ABRP is pretty acourate for the ER so you can simulate quite a bit with that.

20230430_164900.jpg

🙂👍

Hi all, new user looking to trade in the car for my first EV :)

Looking out for a 6-9 month old 4 Luxury (don't know if the model name is everywhere, I'm in Denmark)

Is there anything in particular to be observant of on the 4 when I spot the right car for me?

Getting underbody rustproofing sprayed do/don't?

Can rear lights be programmed to come on with DRL? And is the consumption significant?

What is the real city/mix/highway km in the 64 kWh battery when it's 0-5 degree C (as in 4 months of the year here)

Any must read resources, or any must do items to have a long battery and vehicle life?

We have an SR so a different model and can't say much about the range.

A few people seem to have had bad luck with software issues - there may be some glitchy cars out there.

Issues we had were:
Front door button not working (hopefully will be replaced under warranty)
Car bound to previous user - make sure they unbind their account.

Good luck with your search!

As for range, I get about 370km with mixed driving ( max 90 km/h roads) here in Norway in the 0-5c range.
Lowest I have got is about 180km 🙈 when there was -15c. That is with heated seats and steering wheel.

Range falls extremely fast below zero.

Today after charging it claimed 452km range, good to finally have higher temperatures outside 👍

As for range, I get about 370km with mixed driving ( max 90 km/h roads) here in Norway in the 0-5c range.
Lowest I have got is about 180km 🙈 when there was -15c. That is with heated seats and steering wheel.

Range falls extremely fast below zero.

Today after charging it claimed 452km range, good to finally have higher temperatures outside 👍
Had my MG4 for three months now and delighted with the car. One fault is I can’t charge using type 2,but going in for diagnostic on Wednesday and repair under warrant. I drive very carefully and did a full 100 percent charge yesterday and on eco shows 301 miles range. Getting 4.2mikes per kWh.Can’t whack that.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back