New owner. I cannot get android auto to work

On your phone, if you swipe down and select the Auto app, selecting Midi and PTP and the other options seems to kick it into life. I have also had a Frame issue message mid navigation which can leave you high and dry when driving. I unplugging the USB and putting it back in seems to fix that. All round irritating, and an annoying niggle in what is otherwise a great car. Sadly, it's the thing the passenger sees and judges the car on.

Hi

I have only had my zs ev trophy a week. But when I plug in my phone with the USB cable. The phone says it is connected to android auto. I press android auto on the infotainment screen and it all goes black. My phone is as normal but the infotainment screen is blank. I have had a quick look on you tube but cant find any guides there. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks for any advice
Hi, I have the same problem from time to time but after a few minutes of disconnection it normally comes back on and I have a Samsung Galaxy S21fe

Hi

I have only had my zs ev trophy a week. But when I plug in my phone with the USB cable. The phone says it is connected to android auto. I press android auto on the infotainment screen and it all goes black. My phone is as normal but the infotainment screen is blank. I have had a quick look on you tube but cant find any guides there. Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks for any advice
I had issues starting Android Auto and it claimed the cable was not connected. eventually I used electrical switch cleaner aerosol to clear and USB sockets and plugs. It now works almost everytime.

Can I ask the group - can you confirm that your AA is working properly, i.e. "Hey Google" command is working consistently?

With mine, it works first time after booting up but after that it won't accept any instructions. The Google bar appears at the bottom of the screen but disappears shortly after. This occurs whether connected by cable or via AAWireless.

There are so many people on other forums that have this issue that I know I'm not alone!

In order to use AA or (Apple Car Play) wirelessly, you need to plug in something like a ‘carlinkit’ which then connects to your phone. It just saves you having to plug your phone in every time. I don’t yet have my MG, but it works perfectly in my current car.

Unfortunately I had to give up with the AAWireless unit. It's a (very light) paper weight on my desk. Frequent disconnects and laggy connections when it did work and it really didn't like my Google Assistant.
I have had to go down the route of the Carlink box. £110 from Ali Express delivered from China in 10 days. This unit for me works perfectly and I don't even need to connect the phone to it as it has its own sim card and its paired to the VLink dongle for integration with ABRP.
Trophy Connect and Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom