New Owner.... nearly... maybe...!

OJSint

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi all, very much looking forward to being a new owner however I keep being hit with delivery delays. I just wanted to share to see if this is the norm? Order is an Arval company car via Norton Way - Trophy LR in Grey.

Got a notification car was at Bristol port at the end of December (original delivery est was 19th Jan, ordered in September). 1st week of Jan car was delayed to 31st, then last week was pushed out to 9th Feb, and today is now back to 16th Feb.... the car is here (in the UK), has a number plate assigned, but seems stuck at the port. Arval blame Norton, and Norton just tell me the date is only ever an estimate not a target. For my own piece of mind, I just wanted to know if this is normal for a new car - previous ones have always been dealer stock etc. How long from Port arrival to Delivery is typical?

Last edited:
If it's taking that long (assuming the port dock date was true) then it suggests that there may be an issue with this specific car.

In my case (November 2022) it was about 3 weeks or so.

Thanks, that was my concern - I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to try and get some answers - the last email to delay was only sent after they closed for the day....

I ordered mine in the middle of September 2023. Initially they estimated delivery at the end of November but I actually got it after just 5 weeks. That was before all this Red Sea nonsense though.

20230430_164900.jpg

Enjoy you new motor, when it comes. 🙂👍

Thanks all for the comments. Fault seems to be with Norton Way (I would avoid them as a dealer!) - they are chasing (although supposedly have been for the last two weeks) so can't see any change.... time will tell.

Thanks all for the comments. Fault seems to be with Norton Way (I would avoid them as a dealer!) - they are chasing (although supposedly have been for the last two weeks) so can't see any change.... time will tell.
Not to rub it in, but Norton Way are delivering my XPOWER this Friday. Ordered 23 October through Zenith (company car scheme).

Ours was due 31/01/24 and actually was delivered 23/01/24.
Company car scheme managed by Arval, car was delivered (driven!) from a dealer in Darlington.

Ordered mine from Arval in late October, and was given a date for potential delivery of the 12/02/24. in mid October they brought the date forward to the first week in December. So that was great news. Then 4 days before the date, it was moved to the first week in January, then the week after. 4 days before the date it was moved to the 26th. Finally got a call and it's now all booked for delivery on the 8th of Feb, which is basically the first date I was given. It does get frustrating, but both my ZOEs took over 6 months to come over too. This is with Arval via Stoneacre.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back