New owner, USB and 12 volt battery query

Sorry folks - My post did not capture the link for some reason ?.
Here you go !.
As a side note, I have just finished watching a video posted by James of "James & Kate " fame.
He was changing the cabin filters on a Tesla model 3.
In the video, it clearly shows the orange HV cables that is supplying power to the heater in the cabin.

Well identified, if it's a HV heater in the Tesla then it probably is in the MG too.
Is someone going to take there MG apart so we can go from say 95% sure to 100% sure it's HV not 12V.....

Well identified, if it's a HV heater in the Tesla then it probably is in the MG too.
Is someone going to take there MG apart so we can go from say 95% sure to 100% sure it's HV not 12V.....
Hi @JodyS21
I will drop in the link for video, if you advance the footage along to 4.00 mins.
You will see the orange HV cables supplying voltage to the cabin heater clearly.
James will make a clear reference to these HV heater cables just after this point in the video.
He refers to them again later after the cabin filters have been installed, as part of the reassembly.
I am confident that the MG cabin heater is powered by the HV battery now also.
Blower motor, I am still thinking 12 volt supply for this one though.

Hi, had my ZSEV about 2 months. Range disappointing but most else great
i have tried 3 different USB music devices, each time get message about format being wrong. Cannot find anything helpful in handbook. All worked fine in previous Subaru and Nissan.
also, poor range has lead to trying different things. Like no AC However if I knew all the functions which use the 12 v battery it would help. Again no info in handbook. I know 12v operates the remote door locking, but a full list of what else would be really useful
Hi just wondering if you mean USB drives with mp3 files on it. Is flash drive memory stick. The MG will only read drives or SD cards formated as FAT. I had the same problem with 128 Gb stick. Just picked up old 8gB drive formated as FAT and copied MP3 files to the drive using windows player. If you don't set windows or iOS to mp3 format it copies them differently. An 8gb stick is enough for about 9 hours of music or audiobooks

For USB audio you need a FAT32 formatted USB drive. I have successfully tested these formats in the MG:

mp3
m4a
flac
wma
ape
wav
ogg
aac

Make sure the USB stick is in the left-hand port at the front (I think that's right, I'm not in the car at the moment!).

As others have said, the biggest drain - apart from driving - on the main battery is heating/aircon.
Just tried a USB on mine in the LH port amazed, it plays any audio I throw at it, and also Pictures and videos (that were already on the stick) It does have to be FAT 32 though.

Just tried a USB on mine in the LH port amazed, it plays any audio I throw at it, and also Pictures and videos (that were already on the stick) It does have to be FAT 32 though.
What is the largest stick the car will read

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom