New (to be) owner

The sky roof was deleted on Trophy 🏆models spec cars, that were a factory order placed after June / July of 2023 is my understanding.
However, some cars offered that was still held in group stock, may have slipped the net.
Only today ( 05/03/2024 ) I paid a visit to my local dealer and too my complete surprise, they had a silver standard range ZS EV Trophy In the showroom, sporting the full sky / pano roof !.
Car has obviously been sitting in group stock for a while then !.
We bought a red Trophy Connect with sunroof and 8 miles on the clock - registered on 5th Feb 2024 purchased on 19th Feb 2024. It must have been sitting round for a good while - it was a company lease that fell through - well that's what the dealer told us!
There seemed to be a fair few 6 month old ex demonstrator trophy's with sunroofs and a couple of thousand miles on the clock for sale in early feb. It was as if when they get to 6 months old they get rid but I'm still surprised that they use a sunroof model as a demonstrator when you haven't been able to order one in the last 6 months!
We are enjoying the car so far :)

Hi all! I’m a new ZS owner to be (car is currently in port so about 2 weeks from handover) which is fortunate as I only ordered last week via tusker!

Is there anything I need to look out for with the car? I’ve gone for the trophy short range (I live in Brecon so a small mountain town so LR wasn’t really needed as most drives are around 10 mile)

I’m currently driving a crappy old 2015 diesel peugot 208 so expecting a fairly decent step up considering my current electric windows don’t even work 😂.

Any hints, tips etc as a first time electric owner too? (Already have a fitting booked for a pod point 7kw charger)
We are on our second ZS - and all I can suggest you do is ENJOY !
I firmly state that an EV IS The Best Toy I have ever had. It even beats my "Tracy Island" (which shows my age I guess).
Find a decent dual carraigeway, and select Sports, then see what you think.

We are on our second ZS - and all I can suggest you do is ENJOY !
I firmly state that an EV IS The Best Toy I have ever had. It even beats my "Tracy Island" (which shows my age I guess).
Find a decent dual carraigeway, and select Sports, then see what you think.
What! Even beats, Tracy Island, WOW! It must be bloody good. 😉🙂👍

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Octopus Intelligent GO (7.5p/kwh 11:30 to 05:30) is only available if you have a Zappi or Ohme chargers fitted as Octopus 'tell them when to charge'.
Might be worth checking with Octopus before you get the charger fitted as you might only be able to go on Intelligent Octopus Go (9p/kwh 4 hrs, I think) (thanks @Susanna ).
Hi there thank you :) that’s correct fortunately octopus offered me the ohme charger at £600 fitting (cheaper than else where) so opted for that :)

Does via Tusker mean you are leasing it rather than buying it ? If you are then I would suggest that this might be the better option rather than buying it...especially when new.
Hi there that’s correct I lease it via my work for 4 years (insurance, servicing, tires, MOT included for £330 a month) then after 4 years I can either opt to change to a new car, purchase the car off them or keep the car on a monthly rolling basis at a reduced rate

Has this through today! Exciting times!
IMG_1498.jpeg

Hi all! I’m a new ZS owner to be (car is currently in port so about 2 weeks from handover) which is fortunate as I only ordered last week via tusker!

Is there anything I need to look out for with the car? I’ve gone for the trophy short range (I live in Brecon so a small mountain town so LR wasn’t really needed as most drives are around 10 mile)

I’m currently driving a crappy old 2015 diesel peugot 208 so expecting a fairly decent step up considering my current electric windows don’t even work 😂.

Any hints, tips etc as a first time electric owner too? (Already have a fitting booked for a pod point 7kw charger)
Having now owned a ZS EV for nearly a year and covered just over 10,000 miles, I still get a smile on my face with the instant power when accelerating. Remember range is an estimate and not a given. The infotainment system has some small quirks but the big smile you will have on your face when driving will more than make up for it. Have fun and enjoy the new EV car feeling. Happy motoring!

How many miles and years is this for?

Tusker pricing seems like it's increasing again after others have brought theirs down.
I’d have to double check but I believe 10k and 4 years, it was for my partner to be insured also though but shes a new driver so I’d expect it to be a bit more

I’d have to double check but I believe 10k and 4 years, it was for my partner to be insured also though but shes a new driver so I’d expect it to be a bit more
I am currently paying £285 net for 12.5k across 3 years.

They've definitely jacked the prices up!

hi all
picked my new white mg zs ev trophy LR up yesterday I was more than pleased to see it has the sun roof. traded gen 1 in.
i found paper work in glove box this am stating date of manufacture 14/03/23
Enjoy your new motor, they look particularly good in White with a Pan Roof. Which was a nice bonus. 🙂👍

I am currently paying £285 net for 12.5k across 3 years.

They've definitely jacked the prices up!
I am paying £376 for 20k per year over 4 years. That was from Nov 2022 and is not salary sacrifice. Seems the lease companies are fleecing the employer if the net rates you pay are close to what external lease costs are.

I am paying £376 for 20k per year over 4 years. That was from Nov 2022 and is not salary sacrifice. Seems the lease companies are fleecing the employer if the net rates you pay are close to what external lease costs are.
It doesn’t have anything to do with the employer.

The deduction comes out of gross salary and affects the tax you pay on the deducted gross.

The monthly also includes full maintenance (including tyres) and insurance.

Oh you don’t even want to get me started on what happened 😂 my HR team made an error, for some reason my profile said I already had a car via tusker (I don’t) so they cancelled the car, the car I was due to have, was re assigned, and now I’m having to wait a few months again, I may now ask to push it back to September as there are rumours of a shape change for the September models this year, but extremely frustrated doesn’t cut it. It’s been a stressful week

Hi there thank you :) that’s correct fortunately octopus offered me the ohme charger at £600 fitting (cheaper than else where) so opted for that :)

Hi there that’s correct I lease it via my work for 4 years (insurance, servicing, tires, MOT included for £330 a month) then after 4 years I can either opt to change to a new car, purchase the car off them or keep the car on a monthly rolling basis at a reduced rate

Has this through today! Exciting times! View attachment 24647
I was about to ask how was your experience with them so far but see you haven't got it yet?

Last edited:
I was about to ask how was your experience with them so far but see you haven't got it yet?
I’m with Tusker and it’s been okay so far, worth adding it also includes the cost of fitting a charging point! Mine is being fitted next week.

I’m with Tusker and it’s been okay so far, worth adding it also includes the cost of fitting a charging point! Mine is being fitted next week.
Didn't know that, wow, any idea how much extra they charged for that (as part of the quote, presumably)?
Could you give me a rough idea what is available for around £300 p.m. if you know? I was looking at all MGs but might need extra boot space ...

I know quotes vary but I can't get any until we join in a few weeks time... By then my current insurance will expire and I'm panicking that unless I sign up with Tusker or buy something else and renew my insurance next week, I could lose my 10y no claim bonus...

Last edited:
I know quotes vary but I can't get any until we join in a few weeks time... By then my current insurance will expire and I'm panicking that unless I sign up with Tusker or buy something else and renew my insurance next week, I could lose my 10y no claim bonus...
I believe no claims discount is valid for upto 2 years without it being 'used' as long as you have proof. Ring a few insurance companies and double check.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom