New TPMS Sensor Faulty?

Matt M

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We picked up our ZS EV second hand. Seller refurbished front n/s alloy. Sparkly and good off we went and within about 7 miles the car throws the TPMS fault on the refurbed wheel. Car goes to MG today sensor replaced with brand new one. Leave the dealership all working well same scenario light comes on for the same wheel a few miles later. Does anyone know a reset method (going to try battery disconnect) as its infuriating. I know its a self learning system but a brand new sensor that was working spot on can’t surely break within a few minutes 🤷🏻‍♂️ Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it displaying low pressure or not communicating?
I remember someone saying after a service on the MK1 there tyre pressures had been reset to 2.8bar same as MK2 but the car felt better for it
Normally you would just fill to right pressure and drive for like 10mins

In your case I would swop the wheels over front to back and make sure the fault follows the wheel if fault stays on car in same place its the tpms receiver that's playing up on that corner not the tpms in the wheel

Last edited:
I remember someone saying after a service on the MK1 there tyre pressures had been reset to 2.8bar same as MK2 but the car felt better for it

In your case I would swop the wheels over front to back and make sure the fault follows the wheel if fault stays on car in same place its the tpms receiver that's playing up on that corner not the tpms in the wheel
It shouldn't matter what you set the pressures at, just driving it around (for 10 minutes) resets the TPMS to the pressures you've set, then after that it warns you of a difference.

Also the tpms on the MG is made by BAOLONG the part No. 10929600 and run on 433 MHz look the same tpms on most new MG's you can get new ones from Dealers for about £35 so I would not bother with ebay ones same sort of price and at that price not worth getting the Clone type of tpms.

IMG_20220731_171053.jpg

Screenshot_20220809_144751_com.google.android.apps.docs_edit_367306859013744.jpg

Screenshot_20220809_144111.jpg
Using equipment on the same frequency can cause problems (433mhz) like headphones and garage door remotes

Last edited by a moderator:

Thabks for the reply. It’s saying tpms fault visit dealer. Tried leaving the battery disconnected but as soon as switched back on it’s bringing fault up as if it’s stored. Calling MG again tomorrow

Matter resolved. Dealer mechanic replaced the valve not the sensor first time round hence the immediate error. New sensor fitted and no further issues. All covered by warranty and courtesy car (cant stand the HS even though I love the look and thought I would) Thanks for the replies.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom