New Trophy Connect announces a 2019 date and time?!?

Maria

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
When I turn on my brand new MG ZS Trophy Connect it announces that it’s the 1st of January 2019!?!?! Anyone know why a ‘22 car would say 2019? Also, anybody know how I can change it to the correct date?
Thank you!

Yup. Mine does still and others have reporting this on here too. I’ve had it looked at by my dealer who’ve sent data back to MG HQ (wherever that is).
They also looking at my broken Amazon Music and a service light that is lit, early.
All a software update I’m sure. I reported it in early August and rang them to nudge last week.
They said MG hadn’t got an answer yet….

I’ll get back on to them every two or three weeks…!

Same as my new Trophy Connect (72 reg), most of time correct, occasionally the Jan 1st 2019 thing.

I wonder what the issue is? I haven’t yet got a hold of the garage chap to ask. I was hoping someone here might know. It was info from this group that helped me to get my Sat Nav working!

I contacted my MG branch on Wednesday 12 October ‘22 but was told their
Master Technician and Service Manager are unaware of the issue. They said they have emailed MG Technical for help and will let me know what reply they get. When hear anything I’ll update the thread.

I can’t even find out how to adjust the clock and I have read the manual

Now sorted the clock but not the year still 2019 I don’t feel that young😂😂

Last edited:
My Swedish connected ZS, which I got 1st of September does it too. But 2019 was a happier year, wasn't it? This feature doesn't bother me much. I will wait until the 1 year service, if nothing else pops up.

I have a strong feeling it is due to the info system not connecting (via the sim) quick enough. I'm only plucking thoughts from the air! Sometimes it's correct but certainly not always. It's more amusing to me than annoying. I will raise it with the dealer next year when it has its first service though.

By now, with so many of us experiencing this, there has to be an update surely? If they can't update it, then remove it, it's hardly necessary!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom