New ZS EV (facelift) owner

Pauly

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, thought i should say a little hello as think i will be around here a bit in the coming months

Just taken delivery of a 22 plate ZS EV Trophy SR in red, very happy with the car and family seem to like it
This is going to be my wifes/family daily school run/dog walking run around vehicle

I have a list of jobs to do before we put it in use as currently have it in the garage for a few tweaks before i hand her the keys and look to sell on the current vehicle

So far im thinking
Towbar & electrics (for bike rack, wont be towing with it)
Dash cam (front and rear)
Mudflaps
Spare wheel kit (not a fan of tyre gunk)
Dog guard/boot liner
Bumper protector
Frunk (if i can find one)
?Tints on rear windows/boot lid

F191A5CB-25D9-4024-9389-744BCCEE999F.jpeg

FD9DA465-A5DD-4AEF-AACA-14F4A622B924.jpeg

Not sure what the interests are but if theres anything in particular people want to see then let me know and i will happily do a guide or how to on towbar etc

Im a bit of a computer nerd and run my own xenforo forum so im not against a bit of serial posting .......

I’m fitting it myself, have bought a witter detachable with the 13 pin ECS wiring kit which I believe is the OE one

I have also opted for the additional power kit to populate the 2 spare pins to give a permanent and ignition supply at the rear just for a bit of future proofing

Thankfully I’m a sparky and do a bit of vehicle wiring so I’m pretty used to pulling things apart and connecting it all up

Made a start today and currently have the inside of the boot out, will get the bumper and rear stripped today and hopefully get it all fitted one day this week

Can you confirm if your sat nav works with dead reckoning turned on? Mine only updates vehicle progress when this is turned off despite requesting that dealer provided all infotainment updates before the car was delivered. Others appear to have the same issue. I've also noticed an annoying rattle sometimes which I believe may be coming from where the scuttle tray touches the windscreen...a known issue with the previous generation.

Can you confirm if your sat nav works with dead reckoning turned on? Mine only updates vehicle progress when this is turned off despite requesting that dealer provided all infotainment updates before the car was delivered. Others appear to have the same issue. I've also noticed an annoying rattle sometimes which I believe may be coming from where the scuttle tray touches the windscreen...a known issue with the previous generation.
My car is in the garage for some twiddling so will be a few days before I drive it again but will certainly try it and report back

Hmmm Plymouth ain’t that far away if I decide to fit a tow bar😂😂😂😂
I am taking some photos, think I will do a guide when it is finished so others can see how it’s done, only just started and can see the instructions are for the original model and don’t seem to line up with the facelift so will take some notes on that as I go

Hi, thought i should say a little hello as think i will be around here a bit in the coming months

Just taken delivery of a 22 plate ZS EV Trophy SR in red, very happy with the car and family seem to like it
This is going to be my wifes/family daily school run/dog walking run around vehicle

I have a list of jobs to do before we put it in use as currently have it in the garage for a few tweaks before i hand her the keys and look to sell on the current vehicle

So far im thinking
Mudflaps
Dog guard/boot liner
Bumper protector

View attachment 7848

View attachment 7849
hi pauly how do you mange to keep the garage so tidy and get the car in ... 😃 great car..

I am very lucky and had an XL garage on the house when we moved in, it’s just wide enough to fully open doors both sides with loads of storage space at the rear for tools and bikes and stuff, makes it so much easier when taking on little tasks and projects

I normally work on vans, transporters are my thing, and the door is just high enough to get most things with out a roof rack in

I spend a lot of time in here (much to my wife’s delight) much rather be doing stuff like this than sat around watching TV + there’s a secret stash of beer in here that occasionally get sampled ;)

Things never seem to work out how you intend, got the bumper off and had a look at getting the bar mounted and now realise there are nowhere near enough nuts and bolts in the kit !
It arrived with no instructions but it’s only a few pieces of metal and I have done a couple before so thought I would crack on

This is point I have had to stop at, just got it resting in on a couple bolts

image.jpg

Guess I will just run the wiring in to the front and revisit this later when I get the missing parts :(

Wow, happy i ordered the towbar as a factory fit, i would not like to take apart my brand new car :)

I wonder if the 2 black "boxes" with the white front in each back corner of the car, are the 2 millimeter radar's for the Rear Traffic Alert system

Thankfully I’m a sparky and do a bit of vehicle wiring so I’m pretty used to pulling things apart and connecting it all up

Made a start today and currently have the inside of the boot out, will get the bumper and rear stripped today and hopefully get it all fitted one day this week

Wow, happy i ordered the towbar as a factory fit, i would not like to take apart my brand new car :)

I wonder if the 2 black "boxes" with the white front in each back corner of the car, are the 2 millimeter radar's for the Rear Traffic Alert system
I doubt it is factory fit. May be wrong as you have an EU model but can't think why a UK spec would be otherwise. I suspect it is a dealer fit and they would get someone in to do it like Pauly is doing it?

yes they are, they are the sensors for lane change assist and rear cross traffic

Mine wasnt a factory order just decided i wanted one a few weeks back and this was in stock at a dealers
AFAIK in the UK you can only choose the model, colour and battery SR/LR thats it

Just wondered if you are going for a software update too? When I asked what it was for Witter replied "when the electrics have been fitted for the towbar, codes will be appear on your dash which need to be cleared by coding the vehicle, the coding integrates the electrics with the vehicle electrics so when towing necessary adjustments for braking etc"

To elaborate, no the towbar was not factory fitted as such, and i am actually going to get the car without the towbar as it out of stock.

What i meant to say, is that i ordered it when buying the car, and it will be installed by MG's own brand garage.

Things never seem to work out how you intend, got the bumper off and had a look at getting the bar mounted and now realise there are nowhere near enough nuts and bolts in the kit !
It arrived with no instructions but it’s only a few pieces of metal and I have done a couple before so thought I would crack on

This is point I have had to stop at, just got it resting in on a couple bolts

View attachment 7855

Guess I will just run the wiring in to the front and revisit this later when I get the missing parts :(
Was it difficult to get the black wheel arch trims and the rear bumper cover off ?.
Did you manage to get them removed by not breaking any retaining clips ?.
When you fit the mud flaps, I guess you intend to remove the road wheels ?.
If so, would you mind posting a few pictures of the rear of one of the wheel trims please !.
WARNING :- You have to be careful removing these wheel trims, as some people have cracked / split them on removal !.
You have to use equal amounts of "pulling force " equally around the trim.
Maybe start by using a plastic trim tool first, to get them stated, then gently ease them off with your hands, without pulling hard in the same place.
I think there is five holding "TABS" spaced around the trim, that grip the inside of the alloy wheel behind.
Thanks !.

So far im thinking
Mudflaps
Dog guard/boot liner
Bumper protector

View attachment 7848

View attachment 7849
Hi @Pauly could you do me a small favour and post a photo of your new granny charger supplied.
I want to check if it’s the same as the previous ZS & that the 3D printed designed holder I sell is still appropriate.
For Sale - MG Granny charger Wall Holder/Mount £10
Thanks.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom