New ZS EV (facelift) owner

Looks identical to pics in other thread
PM incoming to buy one

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hi @Pauly could you do me a small favour and post a photo of your new granny charger supplied.
I want to check if it’s the same as the previous ZS & that the 3D printed designed holder I sell is still appropriate.
For Sale - MG Granny charger Wall Holder/Mount £10
Thanks.
Here you go @JodyS21 .
The "Granny" for the new face lift model, looks the same as the one used on the previous model.
Here is a couple of photo's taken from the unit from our Trophy.

Granny 1 IMG_6657.jpg

Granny 2 IMG_6658.jpg

Just wondered if you are going for a software update too? When I asked what it was for Witter replied "when the electrics have been fitted for the towbar, codes will be appear on your dash which need to be cleared by coding the vehicle, the coding integrates the electrics with the vehicle electrics so when towing necessary adjustments for braking etc"
This is a bit of a grey area at the moment
The wiring has a canbus pair that need to be connected in the dash but the instructions make no mention of coding/programming so I rang the manufacturers ECS electronics tech helpline on Friday for clarity

I was told that they are the OE supplier for MG so this is the approved kit and that the canbus is read only so it takes signals from vehicle but gives nothing back therefore no programming is required !

During the wiring the rear fog feed is cut and routed through the new control module so I can see how that aspect controls the fog and moves it to trailer but I don’t understand how the rear sensors are not going to beep all the time as nothing is telling them to shut down ?

Ooh do you get bag to keep it in for the new ZS model!?
No sorry mate, it was a spare bag that I just found that was great for the job !.
It just keeps the dust off the unit while it sit's hanging on our garage wall, waiting to be used if we take a quick few days away, to a destination that has a poor charging infrastructure, like mid Wales.

No sorry mate, it was a spare bag that I just found that was great for the job !.
It just keeps the dust off the unit while it sit's hanging on our garage wall, waiting to be used if we take a quick few days away, to a destination that has a poor charging infrastructure, like mid Wales.
Not like ours left in a tangled mess in our boot..... lol

Hi, thought i should say a little hello as think i will be around here a bit in the coming months

Just taken delivery of a 22 plate ZS EV Trophy SR in red, very happy with the car and family seem to like it
This is going to be my wifes/family daily school run/dog walking run around vehicle

I have a list of jobs to do before we put it in use as currently have it in the garage for a few tweaks before i hand her the keys and look to sell on the current vehicle

So far im thinking
Towbar & electrics (for bike rack, wont be towing with it)
Dash cam (front and rear)
Mudflaps
Spare wheel kit (not a fan of tyre gunk)
Dog guard/boot liner
Bumper protector
Frunk (if i can find one)
?Tints on rear windows/boot lid

View attachment 7848

View attachment 7849
Welcome! Nice car - everytime I see it in red, I wobble on my colour choice... If the dealer offered me this instead, I think I'd take it.

You mentioned you may fit a dash cam? I'd appreciate if you could snapshot the fuse box once it's wired in - that's the only bit I'm not sure on. I'm going to have a go fitting mine myself as routing the cable looks pretty straightforward.

Welcome! Nice car - everytime I see it in red, I wobble on my colour choice... If the dealer offered me this instead, I think I'd take it.

You mentioned you may fit a dash cam? I'd appreciate if you could snapshot the fuse box once it's wired in - that's the only bit I'm not sure on. I'm going to have a go fitting mine myself as routing the cable looks pretty straightforward.
You may not need to hardwire with the facelift version, unless you want it permanently on, there's a 5v usb port in the mirror cluster.

You may not need to hardwire with the facelift version, unless you want it permanently on, there's a 5v usb port in the mirror cluster.
I want to be able to use parking mode, so for that it'll need to be hardwired. I may switch to dedicated batteries at some point, but not anytime soon.

This is a bit of a grey area at the moment
The wiring has a canbus pair that need to be connected in the dash but the instructions make no mention of coding/programming so I rang the manufacturers ECS electronics tech helpline on Friday for clarity

I was told that they are the OE supplier for MG so this is the approved kit and that the canbus is read only so it takes signals from vehicle but gives nothing back therefore no programming is required !

During the wiring the rear fog feed is cut and routed through the new control module so I can see how that aspect controls the fog and moves it to trailer but I don’t understand how the rear sensors are not going to beep all the time as nothing is telling them to shut down ?
On my current car, i think they do the detection on whether there is a trailer attaced or not, by measuring if current is drawn to the various trailer circuits.

My current car will monitor all of the bulbs on the trailer and tell me if one is bad.

I bet that "if current is drawn, then goto trailer attached mode".

Again, on my current car, the foglight is not routed through the box, it is just done in the trailer connector iself by routing the signal via the connector. When no trailer is connected, it routes the power back into the car and the foglamp, but if you attach a trailer and plug it in, this circuit is broken, and power is routed via the trailer connector to the trailer.

Simple solution...Until the pin that pushes the contact, gets jammed up :)

Hi, thought i should say a little hello as think i will be around here a bit in the coming months

Just taken delivery of a 22 plate ZS EV Trophy SR in red, very happy with the car and family seem to like it
This is going to be my wifes/family daily school run/dog walking run around vehicle

I have a list of jobs to do before we put it in use as currently have it in the garage for a few tweaks before i hand her the keys and look to sell on the current vehicle

So far im thinking
Towbar & electrics (for bike rack, wont be towing with it)
Dash cam (front and rear)
Mudflaps
Spare wheel kit (not a fan of tyre gunk)
Dog guard/boot liner
Bumper protector
Frunk (if i can find one)
?Tints on rear windows/boot lid

View attachment 7848

View attachment 7849
That's a striking colour.

Just a quick follow up on some of my previous posts and its not great news

I purchased the witter detachable towbar (the only one available for facelift EV model) and it does fit but the instructions are wrong and dont quite align with the facelift model

I also purchased the ECS electronics 13 pin wiring kit and this is the OEM wiring kit for this vehicle and again the instructions are wrong and ATM moment it is not working, i have part functionality and intent to speak to there technical when i get chance but out of the box and following the supplied (incorrect) instructions i cant get it to work properly

I have taken loads of photos along the way and intend to make a proper 'how to' when its all done detailing exactly whats is right and what is wrong etc but for now ......... :(

Things never seem to work out how you intend, got the bumper off and had a look at getting the bar mounted and now realise there are nowhere near enough nuts and bolts in the kit !
It arrived with no instructions but it’s only a few pieces of metal and I have done a couple before so thought I would crack on

This is point I have had to stop at, just got it resting in on a couple bolts

View attachment 7855

Guess I will just run the wiring in to the front and revisit this later when I get the missing parts :(
Can I please ask a question. I am also fitting a towbar to a MG ZS EV. I have removed all the screws from underneath plus the rear light clusters. I have pulled/uncliped the panel down to the wheel arch panel but dont want to just pull the last bit off as dont know how the panel is clipped on. Are you able to explain?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom