New ZS Standard Range Available Now to Buy

weedavemac

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Fraser's of Falkirk have one ZS SR Trophy for sale, with immediate availability, priced at £32540. In Silver. If interested, ask for David Lewis.

Well I am most definitely waiting for a demonstrator

Cheaper price and still very few miles on the clock

Also no need to be paying the 20% new car vat!

I think, the way the market is right now, that a demonstrator will be very similar in price to a new car

How is that fair? There must be a customer waiting for a silver SR somewhere in the country? Surely it should be allocated to them?
I suspect the car is not owned by MG at the moment. It is owned by the dealer. Therefore it is the dealers car to sell.

Someone will have paid the 20%

Unless you are paying cash, then forget it, as it will be more than a new car, and it you require finance, the interest will be more than a new car and will not get any finance discount on the car if it is “used”.

Trust me, I have looked into it :)

So you will still be the 2nd owner if already owned by the dealer?
Yes. If the car is preregistered by the dealer, then anyone buying it will be the second owner.

The dealer buys it and reclaims the VAT because the car is going into the business. Then they sell it at the same or higher price (if a higher price then they only add VAT to the additional amount, not the whole value).

As long as the buyer doesn’t mind being the second owner, it’s a way of making a big margin on the car. It works at the moment because everyone is desperate for a new BEV.

Yes I know I was confused as there said if not sold by end of month it will become a demo demo car and you would be 2nd owner but you will already the 2nd owner as they already own it lol

I am awaiting my order for a TCLR ordered December 9 2021. A few weeks ago, my dealer 'phoned me with an "offer" - a Trophy (not Connect) in the same colour - which has been sitting in the showroom undriven since December - for more money... (and probably losing the £2,500 grant) - or their differently coloured demonstrator TCLR with some 2000 miles+ on the clock - again, for more money. I don't need to tell you of my decision.

I think, the way the market is right now, that a demonstrator will be very similar in price to a new car
That's pretty much what happened for my dealer. They sold their demo with 4k on the clock for more money - there are people willing to pay over the odds.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom