New ZS Standard Range Available Now to Buy

I have had LR Trophy for three weeks and now they want the car back for a new software update, which is to take about two hours! Have others had that problem?

I have had LR Trophy for three weeks and now they want the car back for a new software update, which is to take about two hours! Have others had that problem?

I’ve had mine for 6 months and never been near the dealer since taking delivery.

I think there are some software updates related to Rapid Charging. Maybe it is for this?

Has the dealer informed you what the “updates” are for?

I would find it difficult to believe that MG has released a new software update in the last 3 weeks?

So you will still be the 2nd owner if already owned by the dealer?
No. All cars are bought by dealers, and therefore owned by them, but until they are first registered, they have no owner that would be recorded on a V5C. When it is sold to a customer, or becomes a demonstrator, then it will have a recorded owner.

No. All cars are bought by dealers, and therefore owned by them, but until they are first registered, they have no owner that would be recorded on a V5C. When it is sold to a customer, or becomes a demonstrator, then it will have a recorded owner.

My mistake, I should have said registered by the dealer.

The dealers very rarely own the cars (unless they are a cash rich dealer). They are usually owned by a finance company and the dealer pays off the finance company when they sell the car.

My mistake, I should have said registered by the dealer.

The dealers very rarely own the cars (unless they are a cash rich dealer). They are usually owned by a finance company and the dealer pays off the finance company when they sell the car.
True

I’ve had mine for 6 months and never been near the dealer since taking delivery.

I think there are some software updates related to Rapid Charging. Maybe it is for this?

Has the dealer informed you what the “updates” are for?

I would find it difficult to believe that MG has released a new software update in the last 3 weeks?
They have indicate some thing to do with the satnav. The Quick Guide booklet which came with the car have stated is already out of date and no future plans to replace it.

They have indicate some thing to do with the satnav. The Quick Guide booklet which came with the car have stated is already out of date and no future plans to replace it.

If you aren’t computer literate in can be awkward updating the SatNav.

If the dealer is offering to do it for you then perhaps get them to explain the process to you so you can do it yourself for future map updates.

There is a thread on the site forum with a video that explains the process. Perhaps another member can point you to it.

Far as I see the Satnav is working well. Mind you they couldn't get the MG wireless app contact to work. As my local Tesco phone shop had no problem get to work. Wither it some to do with that I don't know.

I will claim I am not a computer wizkid and refuse to become a slave to the system by checking ever five minutes what is on my smart phone. However there was another problem on collection. Told me the satnav would be better via my phone with Android. One small problem they couldn't get it to work! I don't know if that has anything to do by updating the software?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom