New ZSEV Handbook released

i like that the physical buttons have functionality beyond bringing up a function on the display. eg. lifting temperature button up or down increases or decreases temperature respectively. Sure it's not total physical controls of HVAC but good enough whilst driving compared with the way cars are going.
Shame the heated seat button is now only on the screen and not a physical button.

Anyone noticed that in the manual it says the 12V battery is maintained by the HV when the car is off, no more flat 12V batteries, yay. ;) (y)

Anyone noticed that in the manual it says the 12V battery is maintained by the HV when the car is off, no more flat 12V batteries, yay. ;) (y)
That would be very good if it is true.
The only thing that comes to mind regarding this, is that it would have to physically engage the HV battery connection wouldn't it? - like it does (and you hear it) when you put the car into ready mode. Do we think it would really do that of its own accord, it that a safety issue?

Yes I agree on that page is says one thing but on
Page 173:
"Note: Users can purchase a slow charging kit from an MGAuthorized Repairer."
Page 184 :
"Note: Users have the opportunity to purchase the discharge kit from an MG Authorised Repairer."
As before one paet of the book has bee proof read by one person and some one else the rest.
Hi. I think MG class a type 2 as “slow charging”. The grannny and type 2 are slow charging for HV balancing. Cheers.

That would be very good if it is true.
The only thing that comes to mind regarding this, is that it would have to physically engage the HV battery connection wouldn't it? - like it does (and you hear it) when you put the car into ready mode. Do we think it would really do that of its own accord, it that a safety issue?
Some other EVs do it but I can't remember which ones.
Maybe it has a separate relay to the main one, purely for this function, activated by a low 12V

Does it explain what the 'battery' switch does on the centre console? 😉
In the video that Miles did on the face lift model, he said that the battery switch could be used to set the charge level required by the owner.
I think he said that for every push on the button, it increases the desired charge level by about 20% each time ?.
So, before leaving the car I guess you can push the battery button and set it to say - 80% and the car will charge to that point, before stopping the charge cycle.
This can also be be set from the App of course, but I could see this being a quick way to set the charge level before you leave the car and plug in.
My guess would be, that the car would commence charging straight away, when the car is plugged in of course.
Unless you could set a regular delayed charge time in the head unit, then you just quickly set the charge level with battery button before you leave.
Sounds okay to me ?.

@MilesperkWh just to clarify the 360 camera operation. I see one can enable a similar functionality as the HS where the camera comes on when indicating at low speed which is great, also when reversing, again great. Just a bit uncertain as to the actual button to enable the camera. Is there a physical button for the camera like in the HS, or is it touch-screen enabled? it's not clear in the manual as it just says 'button', as attached. Not a deal-breaker, the Mrs is just fretting.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 17.45.34.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 17.45.34.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
@MilesperkWh just to clarify the 360 camera operation. I see one can enable a similar functionality as the HS where the camera comes on when indicating at low speed which is great, also when reversing, again great. Just a bit uncertain as to the actual button to enable the camera. Is there a physical button for the camera like in the HS, or is it touch-screen enabled? it's not clear in the manual as it just says 'button', as attached. Not a deal-breaker, the Mrs is just fretting.
looking at videos, there is an icon on the screen called 360, this shows you the 360 cameras, then you can 'click' on the graphic of the car to show the relevant camera. The option to show the camera when indicating is in the settings somewhere I believe (from reading the manual) though I've not seen this demonstrated in a video yet. Its something I'll be testing when I test drive the car in a couple of weeks.

I'd like to know if there is a bird's eye view as well as 4 individual camera views. Probably if you press the middle of the car icon rather than one side or front / back. I suppose that one camera is usually all you need most of the time.

Last nights pod cast, Miles did confirm that the face lift model does come with a “Granny” charger, but no type 2 cable, unless you buy the car from the Chorley Group, as they are offering one with the car.
They have no official price yet for the VTL adaptor for the front of the car, but Miles said he THINKS it will under £200.
It does NOT have any interior light for the rear seat passengers.
And that the car does NOT have reach ( in and out ) adjustment to the steering column, only rake ( up and down ).

Quote4 from new manual page 186.

Charging Your Vehicle at Home Whilst your MG has been supplied with a home charging kit, it is essential that you check with a qualified electrician that the infrastructure of your property will support the charging equipment. Please seek qualified advice that your current electrical supply and circuits will support the requirements of the charging equipment.

Looks like charger is included to me
Just taken delivery of a new ZS EV, and it has a slow charger in the boot.

The manual only mentions a 'discharge kit' - does it provide a 13A socket, so you can get power from the car during a power cut?

Yes the discharge kit is a cable with Type 2 at one end and 3 pin sockets at the other. Should be available from dealers but they seem quite rare ATM.

Yes the discharge kit is a cable with Type 2 at one end and 3 pin sockets at the other. Should be available from dealers but they seem quite rare ATM.
A V2L cable is available from these people.
I purchased one about two weeks ago. they are currently out of stock due to the high demand.
They do the cable in different configurations also !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom