Newbie here

Geo68

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, just joined. I now have a MG5 LR, got it on Wednesday. Came from driving SsangYong Tivoli's. Good cars. Looking forward to see how I get on with the MG. Did have the MGZS Auto petrol one onbetween the Tivoli's. Wife wasnt that keen on it, hope she likes the leccie one. My only challenge so far is I live in a flat with no off street parking so can't get a home charger, got to rely on public charging, I'm sure not the only one. Charged it for the first time today, went well, long may that continue. Waffling on, will stop now 😬

Welcome, I'd suggest flicking through the last couple of pages of this forum. Lots of good threads recently that will answer most of your questions if you have any 🙂👍

Welcome I'm new and found it good here and as a question there be some one that helps and also have a laugh I to have the mgt LR love the mg pilot awesome bit of kit

Welcome, my wife had never driven an automatic before and could not believe how easy and smooth an EV is to drive.
Have you got a smart meter and home EVSE?

Welcome, my wife had never driven an automatic before and could not believe how easy and smooth an EV is to drive.
Have you got a smart meter and home EVSE?
Get them reading glasses on, he said he lives in a flat with no off road parking in the OP. :)

Hi, just joined. I now have a MG5 LR, got it on Wednesday. Came from driving SsangYong Tivoli's. Good cars. Looking forward to see how I get on with the MG. Did have the MGZS Auto petrol one onbetween the Tivoli's. Wife wasnt that keen on it, hope she likes the leccie one. My only challenge so far is I live in a flat with no off street parking so can't get a home charger, got to rely on public charging, I'm sure not the only one. Charged it for the first time today, went well, long may that continue. Waffling on, will stop now 😬
I'm sure you will love the car the only thing that will need planning is the equalisation charge once a month as it can take some time to complete. As is done at a low voltage.

Fraid not, live in a flat so only public charging for me, which funnily enough is free. 🤔
Hey I am in the same boat going to need public charge points. I have various apps installed but curious how you found your free charge points?

I use Chargeplace Scotland, lets me know where the free chargers are.
Cheers thanks. I am in London. I think most street ones are pay with supermarket free ones. A friend not far away has said he thinks the ones near him are free I will check them out. Thanks again :)

IMO the supermarket free ones are for the use of customers while shopping not for everyone to rely on to charge their car, and the sooner they manage to work out a way to prevent people hogging them to fully and regularly charge their car the better. It can't be difficult.

I doubt it was their intent.

Surely one doesn't have to publish rules for everything? I mean there's nothing to tell non-EV cars not to park in the bays either.

If I had an unlocked charger at my house I would expect peoples moral compass to stop them rocking up and charging for free.

I expect fewer would drive into a hotel car park and hook up if the charger was free, would they?

Last edited:
IMO the supermarket free ones are for the use of customers while shopping not for everyone to rely on to charge their car, and the sooner they manage to work out a way to prevent people hogging them to fully and regularly charge their car the better. It can't be difficult.
This is what I mean. I make minor adjustments to my daily routine. When I go shopping I would only go to shops that have chargers.

Personally I would not rock up to your house for sure, Tesco and other shops provide them for the public and as such that means anyone

Aldi says “We are delighted to be working with NewMotion to offer shoppers access to fast, easy charging facilities when they visit our stores, "

Oh dear what a Shame not everybody reads press releases. Also what about all the people who are challenged with reading. It's not in brail is it?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom