• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Newbie , Just ordered pre reg Pimlico Blue MG5 from Vic Youngs

Ah so YOU got the blue one! 😄
I got the last Exclusive in white, amazing price 🙂
Vic Young offered me a monthly service plan (about £11 a month over 3 years) that covers services 1 2 3 & first MOT. I didn't think £400 for all that was too bad, but a comparison would indeed be useful.
Sadly living in Carlisle my nearest agents are in Preston, Durham and Newcastle so unless one opens locally I'm in for a yearly day out 🤨
I took out a 4 year service plan when I bought the car in August 21, about £12 per month, which includes MOT's and annual AA cover (because the service is done by an MG agent). I think that is a pretty good deal overall. Just had the first service (about 6000 miles) with no issues.
Incidentally I was told that without the monthly service plan, an annual service would be about £56 for the 6000ish miles that I am doing. so with the service plan that equates to about £90 for the AA cover, and even less in years to come since MOT's are also covered.
Happy bunny.:)

You say you got the MG5 in Pimlico blue is that only available on the ZS the blue on the MG5 is Piccadilly blue that’s the one I got
I got the HS Phev in Pimlico Blue. It was sitting on the forecourt pre-reg'd with 21 miles on the clock. Easy decision really, I picked the car up a week and half later.

Just joined forum. I have a 5LR on order with Chorley MG. I have another dealer nearer to me, but not impressed with dealings I had with them . We wanted a used Suzuki from them but could not get a cash price from them. Went over the water to Eastham Suzuki and bought one there. Chorley were very good. Car is not due till end of year but they gave me a fair price on my Ford Cmax for then. Having said that I have sold the car now for a higher price through Motorway. They were excellent, better than 'we buy any car' and £1000 more. I have enjoyed posts here, especially those regarding mods . YouTube forum good as well,

Just joined forum. I have a 5LR on order with Chorley MG. I have another dealer nearer to me, but not impressed with dealings I had with them . We wanted a used Suzuki from them but could not get a cash price from them. Went over the water to Eastham Suzuki and bought one there. Chorley were very good. Car is not due till end of year but they gave me a fair price on my Ford Cmax for then. Having said that I have sold the car now for a higher price through Motorway. They were excellent, better than 'we buy any car' and £1000 more. I have enjoyed posts here, especially those regarding mods . YouTube forum good as well,
Weclome, is this the face-lift model and what trim did you go for?

I have gone for Trophy. Seems a lot of extra bits for the price difference. Extra amount I got for Cmax pays most of the extra, thanks to Motorway. Ordered Cosmic Silver. Would have liked the previous red my friend has his HS in, but new red is a bit bright for me. I'm too old now I suppose.

Hi All
Just bitten the bullet and ordered a MG5 from Vic Youngs in South Shields (They made me an offer I couldn't refuse). Whilst perusing their website I came across a list of fixed prices for the annual/mileage servicing costs.
I may be missing something but the quoted prices are excactly the same for MG ICE and EV cars?
I thought one of the advantages of using Electric motion was less servicing required, at the very least oil and filter are not required. Can anybody enlighten me why this is the case?
I had an annual service for my MG5 SR at my local MG dealer - £38

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom