Newbie questions - ZS EV trophy

AYZSEV

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Apologies if these are answered already, I have ordered a blue ZS EV trophy and getting it delivered in a couple of weeks (hopefully). Can I get some suggestions on below please?

1. what are the must-have accessories (mats, boot liner etc) and where to buy them, please?
2. Where is the best place to buy a type2 charger please? (Assuming the car comes only with a 3pin charger).
3. Any recommendations for the wall charger installation and costs.

Thanks

I'm also waiting on my car :). The great thing about being newbies like us, is that the basic questions have likely been asked & answered SO many times, which means we have a loads to choose from via the search (top right).

Take a trip down the rabbit hole... There's plenty of helpful stuff already there, which has helped me immensely:

Enjoy 🎉

I am certainly getting mats for mine, but I don’t really need anything for the boot. If you have a dog, or have another reason for boot protection, there has been an excellent thread on here, with load liners from aliexpress. Delivery takes time, but the prices are good.
EV charge leads are readily available from Amazon, EV onestop, or you can sometimes get a good price on eBay from an owner offloading a second one.
As to the EV charger/installation, if you aren’t eligible for the grant, I would suggest contacting a recommended electricIan. I had several quotes from government recommended installers (before the grant was withdrawn for homeowners), but they were all very high. A local electrician that I have previously used is going to install my charger for less, even without the grant. If you have solar panels, then you need something like a Zappi. But otherwise, it just depends on your budget. I think most, if not all of the EV chargers are now ‘smart’ ones, designed to benefit from off peak electricity, although the facility to set a timer can also be done directly in the car. My electrician showed me 2 different ones, and I chose a Wallbox tethered 5 metre. I thought it more convenient to be able to leave my charge lead in the boot for when I am out and about.

If you didn't get any extras thrown in then check Amazon or eBay.
I had an Ohme EVSE but now have a Zappi to make use of the solar being installed next month.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-05 at 13.44.29.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-05 at 13.44.29.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Totally worth checking on gumtree for type 2 cable, the official mg mats are fine in the front but rear ones are crap and move around a lot
Not noticed that but I know from personal experience that in the correct "ZS EV" (embroidered front edge) set, the rear ones are asymmetric, whereas the ones I was initially supplied with were not. I noticed when we changed them for the correct ones.

That might explain why yours are moving?🤷‍♂️

Just be careful when buying a used lead that you check the rating.

You need a 32A rated lead to get the full 7kw charging rate. 16A charging cables will only charge at 3.6kw.

Also consider a coiled cable, they stay off the floor and so don’t get as dirty in the winter.

Hi all, has anyone bought ZS EV mats from carmats.co.uk? I got mine but the driver side seems a bit small. I posted on another thread but thought of putting it here as well so I could get some advice on this. I don't know if the factory ones offer better coverage than these. I have attached a picture in this post.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom