No connection for eSIM

Relise

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all.
We have had our EV4 Trophy since March and are slowly getting used to EV life!
However last weekend we lost contact between iSmart app and the car. Also the car is complaining about an SOS call error. It looks like the eSIM doesn't have any signal (no highlighted bars and an X on the console display top right). Phone has great wifi connection.
It can't be signal as it was fine before and we have driven quite a long way since through different towns etc. I've booked the car in to the garage but couldn't get in till the end of the month.

Anybody got any tips or ideas on solving this myself?

I've rebooted the infotainment center and powered the car off from the Settings -> Security menu, also tried connecting to wifi hotspot from my phone (but I realise app conenction won't work with this but tried anyway...)

Thanks
Robin

Unfortunately definitely one for your dealership. Not sure where the SIM card is actually located in the car but it may have worked loose. If you have a signal at your home with your phone etc then no reason why the car should not.

Unfortunately definitely one for your dealership. Not sure where the SIM card is actually located in the car but it may have worked loose. If you have a signal at your home with your phone etc then no reason why the car should not.
It's not a physical SIM card, it's an eSIM - a software token.
More likely to be a loose antenna cable.

This is now (eventually!) fixed and has been working for a couple of weeks. In the end the garage had to go back to MG as they couldn't fix it. Took it back in and they replace a module (I guess it was the eSIM module but didn't any more info than that).

have you solved the problem? the same thing happens to me.
See above :)

When a dealer replaces a physical part these days it is often not faulty in hardware but the replacement is a more recent software version and this is what fixes the problem. It can be parts darts but has a greater chance of working in these days where modules have complex software and there may be update issues.

TBH, mine (Trophy MY22, had since august), ecall errors every trip, then displays the red "not working" message... every single time.
Happens intermittently on mine, some days it is fine, sometimes eCall fails once or twice per trip. I don't care since it isn't a system I wanted, but it is a little bit annoying.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back