peterbh49jx

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have the very latest Trophy with rear wiper and 14" wheels. Latest update carried out last week, dealer had car for 1 week, as axillary battery was going flat. Since the update the speed signs haven't been displayed on the dash. Dealer says update would not affect this item, albeit these signs were operating before update.
Where can I go to get this problem sorted?
Thank you
peterbh49jx

Last edited by a moderator:
It really helps if you could tell us more: such as what modules were updated if you know, or take down the version number of the infotainment screen, although speed sign recognition would most likely be linked to the camera module.
Out of curiosity, question for those with a working software: on the models with navigation, do you guys get the speed signs as recognised by the camera or as per the navigation map? Do you also get a flashing NSL sign at speeds above 60mph?

Last edited:
My latest (26/01/24) software update to BCM & BMS

Sorry unable to give more info, see attached invoice.

Attachments

• 1707053346895768364231236112426.jpg
    1707053346895768364231236112426.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 65
Yes my car seems to think that NSL is 60mph even on the motorway :)
Also I'm pretty sure the signs are recognized by the camera.
Yes, it's a poor implementation, mine likes to pick up limit signs on side roads so NSL switches to 30 and flashes at you until it spots something different. I think the dual carriageway/motorway is the most irritating though.

Sorry, should read 18"

Yes, it's a poor implementation, mine likes to pick up limit signs on side roads so NSL switches to 30 and flashes at you until it spots something different. I think the dual carriageway/motorway is the most irritating though.
Have you raised these issues with the dealer?
If so what advice did you receive?
Thanks
P

Yes, recognised by the windscreen camera.
I thought yours was an SE SR without satnav. Therefore like mine it can only detect speed limit signs via the camera.
On my Kia, which has satnav, it uses both the map and the camera and then decides based on a number of factors which one to trust.
And so I was wondering how the mg4 with satnav does it.

Have you raised these issues with the dealer?
If so what advise did you receive?
Thanks
P
No I didn't bother as I know other (non MG) drivers have similar issues where the camera is used. Shame the nav can't do it, works quite well with Google maps.

As to it sometimes failing to register at all, I occasionally get a very short lived message to say it's not working, normally if I drive off without waiting for the infotainment to fully initialise.

My car randomly displays the speed limits.
Most times there isn't even the circle and then it will suddenly work for a day or 2 before disappearing again.
It always shows as turned on, but if I manually turn it off and on it then appears on the driver display.
I haven't figured out a pattern to it all.

I’m going to suggest what we should be suggesting to anyone coming to this forum with an issue: check your infotainment system version. If it’s not the latest, get your dealer to upgrade it first then if it still doesn’t work we could take a look. And if someone reports they see same, could they also provide the version of the infotainment
I will also list all the modules versions of my car as I got it updated only a few days ago including front camera, charging unit and other components

My car randomly displays the speed limits.
Most times there isn't even the circle and then it will suddenly work for a day or 2 before disappearing again.
It always shows as turned on, but if I manually turn it off and on it then appears on the driver display.
I haven't figured out a pattern to it all.
I did resort to resetting from off to on again. Yes it did work, but shortly went back to blank displays. I'm getting the MG technician to take another look at the problem during a test drive. Currently not prepared to be fobbed off with more excuses!!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back