No wheel locking nut key?

aKaWonderKid

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Got a flat tyre so need a replacement. I got this car around 3 months ago and i know i didnt recieve any locking nut key or spare tyre.
I phoned arnold clark who said MG do not come with these anymore and I need a wrench however i didnt even get one of these?
Do all garages have wrenches to remove this?

if anyone can help I'd appreciate it

No locking wheel nuts.
Tyre repair kit instead of a spare wheel, so no need of a wheel wrench or jack.
Hi mate,

firstly thank you for replying so quick
Apologies I am not an expert when it comes to cars. I have this and give it a go earlier but white liquid was coming out. Any idea? I may have another go tomorrow. Surely the tyre repair kit is only a temp fix?
If i ever do need to change tyres then whats the process?
is it possible to buy a key or anything?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The tyre repair kit is a temporary fix to get you to the nearest tyre place. If the tyre is too badly damaged, you have to call the AA to recover the vehicle.

You get free AA membership with MG which is renewed if you have the car serviced at an MG dealership.

Do I understand the situation correctly ?.
Your car is fitted with locking wheel bolts - Yes ?.
If so, this was NOT a factory fit item.
The previous owner must have had them fitted, if so - it is likely that the locking wheel bolt key ( master socket ) will be hidden inside of the car, somewhere !.
It is likely that it will be in the boot space somewhere ( maybe the foam that holds the tyre gunk is likely place ) or even in the glove box etc.
The MG ZS EV does NOT come supplied from the factory, with a spare wheel or space saver wheel as standard !.
If the car has indeed got locking wheel bolts fitted and you are unable to find the master key socket to remove them, there are tools on the market that can be used to to get the locking wheel bolts removed.

If the car has indeed got locking wheel bolts fitted and you are unable to find the master key socket to remove them, there are tools on the market that can be used to to get the locking wheel bolts removed.
Indeed, which completely defeats the point of having them in the first place.

I don't think the OP is saying the car has locking bolts, he's just making an assumption.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom