Noisy AC compressor fixed under warranty today

The only thing in the warranty document specifying air con is regarding regas - that's 6 months. The compressor is not specifically mentioned (as far as I can see from a quick search) therefore the full 7 year warranty applies. (The 7 year warranty applies for all components other than those specifically excluded/mentioned as having a shorter warranty period).
Awesome im glad to be wrong about that…, when I email all our friend Gary Smart and ask since he said my unit was fine would it be honour if failed after 6 months. He refused to answer

Awesome im glad to be wrong about that…, when I email all our friend Gary Smart and ask since he said my unit was fine would it be honour if failed after 6 months. He refused to answer
He did that with me too... refused to continue with an email conversation and buried his head. This car and MG are starting to give me 'The Bird'... now Mr Smart is behaving like an Ostrich ...

Screenshot 2023-07-30 16.27.36.png

But when they fix it... it goes back to square one, rinse and repeat until the car is out of warranty !

In-between, you drive around with a car sounding like it has a budgie trying to escape its cage under the bonnet

View attachment 19305
You have a budgie in a cage under your bonnet ? :unsure: :LOL:

My dealer is looking at mine as a warranty issue. I have said that I don't find the sound alarming, but I want it checked in case it is a fault, and I know that others have had the sound eliminated by a change of oil in the compressor. I will probably accept an assurance that the level of noise my car is making is not abnormal (if anything comes of it, at least I have flagged it up), but I'll report back.

My dealer is looking at mine as a warranty issue. I have said that I don't find the sound alarming, but I want it checked in case it is a fault, and I know that others have had the sound eliminated by a change of oil in the compressor. I will probably accept an assurance that the level of noise my car is making is not abnormal (if anything comes of it, at least I have flagged it up), but I'll report back.
But good to get a report back,

They had previously said it is as it should be. The car went in for the passenger door handle and I mentioned it again and they informed me that it was done. No charge. I told them others are saying it is an oil change and this is what they did I believe.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 485 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back