Noisy AC compressor

pete3112

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Noisy AC compressor had the car in for the locking update and to look at AC tried regas but still there so if ts booked in next month for further investigation as it shouldn't be making a noise anyone else had the same problem and was it fixed

It is probable that a lot of ICE cars have the same issue ("noisy" AC compressor) ... it's just that it's quiet in comparison to the ICE itself so doesn't get noticed. :)

Not had a noisy compressor on 2 x Leaf or my current born.
Wasn’t noisy on the MG5 I had for weeks on end either.

Not had a noisy compressor on 2 x Leaf or my current born.
Wasn’t noisy on the MG5 I had for weeks on end either.

Yes it absolutely is not normal, BEV or not. Something wonky with the compressor fitted to the 4, mine is not improving, possibly getting louder.
I find dealer visits depressing but I think I'll have to bite the bullet.

collected my MG trophy Tuesday and as soon as I had it home on a quiet street I noticed the noise. Booked in later this month for them to have a look. Strange that it’s been serviced etc and at no point has it been looked at.

That’s a shame. Can’t be right if some aren’t making a sound. Just read the other thread on this issue. All seems rather frustrating!

MG's official response (via the dealer) to my squeaking AC compressor was (paraphrased) "It is normal and not an issue".

Oh surprise surprise. The fact that it is NOT normal and they're a bunch of lying warranty dodging bastards is neither here nor there I guess.
I didn't think there was much point going in with my chirper 🐦 :rolleyes:

I’ve booked mine in for the 26th either way to have them look at it. I know they have a few in the showroom so would like to see if they tick

Mine makes a tick/squeak sound when it is running slowly, as soon as it speeds up it makes pretty much the same noise as our Nissan Leaf has fir the last 7 years. The MG4 seems to have a wider operating speed so it sounds like chirping

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back