Non-MG Dealer Minor Repairs

bwanamdevu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
At the weekend I managed to hit a wooden fence when my brain was somewhere else - probably away with the fairies! I have managed to crack a couple of those plastic silver bars on the false grill of my MG5!
I know if I go to my dealers they will want an arm and a leg to do any repair, probably saying that the whole front section of the false grill will need replacing!
Not willing to fork out half my pension on this minor repair, is there any reliable and helpful MG or non-MG dealer/repairer within driving distance of me in Newark who any member thinks might be the answer to my quest?
My MG5 and me will be forever grateful for any help.

I cannot directly help but am aware there are EV breakers that trade parts on eBay I think and elsewhere.

Perhaps a picture to show what's needed might help.

Last edited:
The missus found me a car body repairer thru (I think) a local Facebook group. Maybe it as him and all his employees but there were about 10 - 15 responses and over half recommended the same bloke. I went along to get a price for my work and it is a well-established business in one of those farm type locations

Whoever you find, there may still be an issue getting parts.

Whoever you find, there may still be an issue getting parts.

Exactly. The "chrome bars" are just moulded plastic held in with locating tabs. But I doubt MG sell them individually as they are all different sizes. It's also worth checking whether the backing part has broken. To replace the grille requires the front bumper to be removed which is relatively easy.

IMG_20220907_135500.jpg

Sorry! Didn’t think of putting a photo on the site. Anyway, here one is…….

Attachments

• 0AC2EB5A-919B-4045-B5F3-8F2911FAA168.jpeg
    0AC2EB5A-919B-4045-B5F3-8F2911FAA168.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 87
Just checked on Ebay there is only one front end damaged MG 5 offered for spares.
It is hard to tell from this picture, but it looks like the front centre grill section is one complete assemble.
A call to your local MG dealer should be able to verify this.
The wait time on replacement parts will be the problem.
Lucky enough, your car is still drivable.

MG5 Grill 2022-09-08 at 18.50.34.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom