lgvdriver

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi folks. I’ve had my Wallbox Pulsar Plus for two years past on the 3rd March but 5 days ago it decided it didn’t want to play. Tried it on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth no joy, it works on the granny charger and my son in laws home charger so it’s not a car fault.
When I set a timer or instant charge I get “car not accepting charge”. I've contacted Wallbox but they're slow to respond, anyone any ideas?
TIA Dougie

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, is it controlled by IOG? I had issues with weak wifi signal and added a booster. Have you turned it off for 30 minutes at the fuse board?

Last edited:
Hi Jomarkh it’s controls by OCPP with Octopus but I can switch this off still happens I have Wi-Fi but don’t seem to get Bluetooth,yes I’ve tried switching it off at mains for a while

Sorry I omitted to say I tried both my son in laws cars,was the same result none off them worked
Which is not an answer to your problem directly, but because both cars are unable to charge, then surely the wall box has to be the first point of the problem ??.

What colour lights does the Wallbox show? There is an odd red/yellow one that is when there is an error.

I found the number for the support line in the paperwork. It’s in Spain but they could diagnose the fault remotely. I got a brand new Wallbox swapped in by my original installers.

What colour lights does the Wallbox show? There is an odd red/yellow one that is when there is an error.

I found the number for the support line in the paperwork. It’s in Spain but they could diagnose the fault remotely. I got a brand new Wallbox swapped in by my original installers.
Hi I’m now in contact with Wallbox they cannot detect any Wi-Fi I’ve checked my router devices and Wallbox not in it so think it will b back to installers

For what it’s worth I have had connection issues with my Wallbox as well for the last 12 months. Wallbox customer services are just awful and it took 3 months of emails trying to convince them that the problem lies with the charger. After blaming everything they finally accepted that there is a firmware fault. No update yet. Your might be plagued by the same problem or not.
Keep us updated.

For what it’s worth I have had connection issues with my Wallbox as well for the last 12 months. Wallbox customer services are just awful and it took 3 months of emails trying to convince them that the problem lies with the charger. After blaming everything they finally accepted that there is a firmware fault. No update yet. Your might be plagued by the same problem or not.
Keep us updated.
Hi Jaygee I’m still no further forward I can connect to Bluetooth on my phone to the Wallbox then in seconds it disconnects
The tech people are still trying to find prob but like you I think it’s a firmware prob,my 2yr gaurentee is up by 3wks so don’t know what they’ll do next

Hi Jaygee I’m still no further forward I can connect to Bluetooth on my phone to the Wallbox then in seconds it disconnects
The tech people are still trying to find prob but like you I think it’s a firmware prob,my 2yr gaurentee is up by 3wks so don’t know what they’ll do next
I hope it gets sorted soon. It is very frustrating. The Wallbox is an inferior product supported by an even inferior customer service team. I regret installing the Wallbox. I wish I had held on to my dumb Rolec. It was far better.
We have 2 EVs at home so I also have an ohme. Home pro which is a far superior product.
My warrantee runs out in 2 months time. If it is not sorted by then I will seek legal advice.

I wish I had held on to my dumb Rolec.
I have held onto my 2016 dumb Rolec wall box for this very reason TBH.
It only has three main components inside the case and that's your lot.
Some of these so called "Smart" wall boxes are anything BUT smart :ROFLMAO: .
Similar to some of the thousands of "Smart" electric meters that have been installed, and are now in a long line waiting to replaced !.

Hi I’m now in contact with Wallbox they cannot detect any Wi-Fi I’ve checked my router devices and Wallbox not in it so think it will b back to installers
Hi, I've got a Wallbox Pulsar Plus which was fine for the last two and a half years, then went into error mode (red LEDs) occasionally. Wallbox sent me a part from Spain, a cable - this was fitted recently and no issues so far - but what I wanted to highlight was that the problems started when I upgraded to the latest version of software, and when I reset to factory settings, it did reduce the problems - have you tried resetting to factory settings? You can then see if it is related to the latest version of the software - what do I know, been in the software industry for 50 years now....

Hi folks. I’ve had my Wallbox Pulsar Plus for two years past on the 3rd March but 5 days ago it decided it didn’t want to play. Tried it on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth no joy, it works on the granny charger and my son in laws home charger so it’s not a car fault.
When I set a timer or instant charge I get “car not accepting charge”. I've contacted Wallbox but they're slow to respond, anyone any ideas?
TIA Dougie
I have a similar problem with a 4 yr old Mark 1 Mini Pro EO box provided by EDF. This happened when Enel X Juucenet withdrew their software support just prior to 29th Feb.
I have been told by EO and EDF that this failure is coincidental and that it should work as a dumb charger which it doesn’t. Any repair costs including the initial call-out at £92.50 plus VAT are down to me as it is out of warranty. No one can attend until 5th April until time I am relying on the granny charger. Any comments

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom