Not for us.....

duncerduncs

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So Mrs D and I went to look at a MG4 yesterday and after some pondering, we've decided to stay with our current car.

The car itself is lovely (for its price point), but the sloping rear window means there isn't a huge amount of room for the dog.

Hopefully SAIC/MG will replace the HS in the future with a BEV and we can finally be MG owners.

I wish all future MG4 EV owners many happy miles of motoring - there is a blue Trophy at MG Oxford up for grabs!

off topic how are families supposed to get into a BEV, when larger BEVs cost a fortune?! We had a look at a Kia Niro 4 EV on the way home (just a smidgen bigger than the MG4), even that is £42k / £550 a month with a decent deposit.....

So Mrs D and I went to look at a MG4 yesterday and after some pondering, we've decided to stay with our current car.

The car itself is lovely (for its price point), but the sloping rear window means there isn't a huge amount of room for the dog.

Hopefully SAIC/MG will replace the HS in the future with a BEV and we can finally be MG owners.

I wish all future MG4 EV owners many happy miles of motoring - there is a blue Trophy at MG Oxford up for grabs!

off topic how are families supposed to get into a BEV, when larger BEVs cost a fortune?! We had a look at a Kia Niro 4 EV on the way home (just a smidgen bigger than the MG4), even that is £42k / £550 a month with a decent deposit.....
Fair play to you. Sit tight, I'm sure they'll be plenty of new models available in the next 18-24 months that will suit.

Whether or not we'll be able to afford electricity by then is a different matter. 😀

Did you have a look at the MG5 and the ZS?
I have had my 5 for over a year and 22k miles and it delivers every day.

Well rich families can, the average family is pretty much priced out of any larger EV's now, car prices are pretty much just insane these days.

Of course what was considered a family car a decade or three ago was also the size of a current VW Polo! Man, our cars have really grown big and fat over the years, whilst houses seem to have shrunk!

Well rich families can, the average family is pretty much priced out of any larger EV's now, car prices are pretty much just insane these days.

Of course what was considered a family car a decade or three ago was also the size of a current VW Polo! Man, our cars have really grown big and fat over the years, whilst houses seem to have shrunk!
For size substitute price!
But add 'wafer thin margins'.
🤣

I'll be transporting my two dogs around in one when it gets delivered and no they aren't small dogs either but two greyhounds.
I live on my own and so I will be doing the same as I do in my Focus, back seats folded down with lots of old blankets.
So if you see a red Trophy with dog nose art on the windows......

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back