Not happy car has damage when collected.

founny1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi
Collected the car yesterday around 1700. When I got home after fighting through the traffic. Myself and son noticed damage to the car.
See pics.
Waiting for them to call me back this morning. 😡
20230829_182543.jpg
20230829_195846.jpg

Sorry to see that. Always pays to do a full inspection before collecting.

I collected at 5pm and my dealer was happy for me to spend 30 minutes walking around the car with my phone recording, a torch shining to check from head to tail. They wanted me to be fully satisfied and they were confident it was faultless, which it proved to be.

Never rush collection especially as your excitement will blind you to faults.

I hope they accept these faults were present at collection and that they rectify for you, good luck.

Does sound the old alarm bells re the dealer that they were happy to put the car out like that, either knowingly or missing it at PDI which is also worrying

I collected at 5pm and my dealer was happy for me to spend 30 minutes walking around the car with my phone recording, a torch shining to check from head to tail. They wanted me to be fully satisfied and they were confident it was faultless, which it proved to be.

I hope they accept these faults were present at collection and that they rectify for you, good luck.
They can have it back no problem with that!

To play devils advocate, the dealer may say that the damage has occurred whilst it was in your possession, it was perfect when it left their premises.
It's on motability and you can cancel any contract within 14 days.

0937 and they haven't called me yet!
Emails sent last night at 1830 and 2000. I didn't leave the dealership until gone 1730.

My rear lights were visibly scratched. Showed them and they will replace the side clusters as there are also scratches inside and will use a SMART repair person for the centre lights at first to see if it’s surface scratches. Looks like a Brillo pad was used.

No hassle and said they would do it.

Mines at the dealership and I went yesterday to have a stroke etc and because it’s Pearl Black it’s shows every minute scratch and fingerprints up 🤦‍♀️ what have I don’t. Tbh wish I’d gone for grey

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back