gaza123

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just a bit of humility on my part, very rare occasion so listen up lol. I have genuinely slagged my MG ZS EV off to high heaven. Basically, as I was continuously let down regarding vehicle control fault and HV battery failure. Long story short, after the car being in and out of the dealership for "repair", it actually turned out to be something as simple as the rubber bungs that go over the charging port after and before charging were not present at point of sale, and therefore I never realised they were even meant to be there. Hence me not using them was causing water ingress into the main battery thus causing the HV battery shut off fault. Anyway, with bungs replaced, the car has not missed a beat, perfect in every way....happy chappy here.

Yes they should. I went to another dealership who had the mark 1 for sale, and asked to see the charging port, sure enough mate, bungs were there in situ by a rubber string so to speak, not on mine when purchased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they should. I went to another dealership who had the mark 1 for sale, and asked to see the charging port, sure enough mate, bungs were there in situ by a rubber string so to speak, not on mine when purchased. Argued the toss with the dealership that mine were not there, and as a first time ev buyer, how on earth would I know the need for rubber bungs. They wanted to charge me for an out of warranty repair thousands of pounds to repair the damage. I spoke to highly qualified electricians at work who said, that if the car charged OK, the chance of any damage to the wiring was absolutely minimal. I bought some rubber bungs off Ebay, inserted them, and as no further water ingress is occurring, no issues, yet the dealership wanted me to spend thousands getting it repaired.
I argued the toss with the dealership, of how was I meant to know, and they sold me a car without them in the first place, they said I should of known, so I replied that they had the car for months diagnosing the fault and nobody picked up on it, and secondly the car had been serviced twice with them, and part of that service schedule checksheet was to put the car on a charging cycle, yet no one mentioned missing bungs etc to me. Plus the fact the car was handed back to me after the service in an unfit state as no bungs were present.

Yet they pressure me daily to have my services and upcoming mot done with them, how in good faith can I trust their expertise going forward.

Just a bit of humility on my part, very rare occasion so listen up lol. I have genuinely slagged my MG ZS EV off to high heaven. Basically, as I was continuously let down regarding vehicle control fault and HV battery failure. Long story short, after the car being in and out of the dealership for "repair", it actually turned out to be something as simple as the rubber bungs that go over the charging port after and before charging were not present at point of sale, and therefore I never realised they were even meant to be there. Hence me not using them was causing water ingress into the main battery thus causing the HV battery shut off fault. Anyway, with bungs replaced, the car has not missed a beat, perfect in every way....happy chappy here.
Looking back in hindsight lol, the only time I had issues was when it had been raining heavy the days prior or on the day, bloody hell ha ha

the rubber bungs that go over the charging port after and before charging

I thought it might be useful to have a picture of what one looks like for reference...

1000028070.jpg

(not my car, so don't tell me it needs cleaning 😂)

Have owned MG ZS trophy long range for 8 months you can’t fault the car for short journeys but due to family circumstances was using the car for 400 miles round trip, the nightmare began, waiting for chargers at service stations, IT issues not accepti
I Have owned a MG ZS trophy for 8 months let be down twice returned to the dealership on a flat bed lorry, had enough with the budget price EV, now in. Hyundai Tuscan Plug-in hybrid the difference is unbelievable beautiful well built car

Have owned MG ZS trophy long range for 8 months you can’t fault the car for short journeys but due to family circumstances was using the car for 400 miles round trip, the nightmare began, waiting for chargers at service stations, IT issues not accepti

I Have owned a MG ZS trophy for 8 months let be down twice returned to the dealership on a flat bed lorry, had enough with the budget price EV, now in. Hyundai Tuscan Plug-in hybrid the difference is unbelievable beautiful well built car
I do similar mileage at the weekends visiting family and going out. I’ve never had a problem with chargers but I avoid service stations and my co-Pilot checks availability prior to arrival at a charger. My only gripe is the cost but I don’t pay for home charges.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom