Now a dilemma window tint or front grill. Thoughts anybody.

Mr H

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just seen these images on fb. I think it looks great.
264242289_10165821184585128_1821831652665062447_n.jpg
263774050_10165821184450128_6059422208108866410_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice on the silver model, but I think it takes the look of the car back to the Gen1 model ?.
If that was the aim, then that’s great 👍.
I think 🤔 I have come to like the new shape now after all.
A lot of people say the wedge bumper shape looks a bit like a Kona or even a model 3 and
I have to agree.
But nobody comments on there shape ?.
I guess it’s because folks are comparing the Gen1 and the Gen2 ZS EV models on a side by side basis ?.
I don’t mind my car looking a bit more like other EV models now, to be honest.
It’s a personal thing really !.
At least there is an option to make the car look like the older model if you want.

I like it too but you have to appreciate you are actually saying "I prefer the car to look like a petrol engined car".
You can actually buy the little chrome covers off Ali Express and go the whole hog.
TBH I think the new grill looks similar to the Ford Mach-E.
Mach-E.jpg

What’s a rough guide for window tinting?
A LOT will depend on your geographical location, but a ROUGH guide ................... £200 - £250 ?.
I would advise informing your insurance company, as it could be seen as a modification.
Some charge, some don't !.

Damn,

I was feeling that I was better off getting the pre-facelift car, despite the increased range / better seats but you have gone and shattered my delusion!

A LOT will depend on your geographical location, but a ROUGH guide ................... £200 - £250 ?.
I would advise informing your insurance company, as it could be seen as a modification.
Some charge, some don't !.
I’ve been quoted £250 by the dealer

I’ve been quoted £250 by the dealer
Our ZS EV was done locally and I think it was around £180 ish.
When I returned to pick up the ZS - I asked him if he would be infested in doing my wife’s Fiat 500 in a bit of a cash deal, for £250 ?.
He agreed and I left the Fiat 500 with him.
Both cars done from the B pillar back.
Have a look if you have a company called “Global Tints” in your area.
They are a country wide franchise.
Al lot of members have used Global.
They come to your house as long as you are in their catchment area.
You can get a quote at least ?.

I think the new version looks SO much better with the black grille! So much so it may allow me to upgrade because I thought it was so ugly in its standard state.

More grille! For the full fossil look we could use the spare space under the bonnet not for a frunk but for a small rainwater harvesting tank. Then all we need is a fake eggzorst at the rear of the car; downstream of this would be an electric water heater to generate steam using the harvested water to give us a steam exhaust.

Our ZS EV was done locally and I think it was around £180 ish.
When I returned to pick up the ZS - I asked him if he would be infested in doing my wife’s Fiat 500 in a bit of a cash deal, for £250 ?.
He agreed and I left the Fiat 500 with him.
Both cars done from the B pillar back.
Have a look if you have a company called “Global Tints” in your area.
They are a country wide franchise.
Al lot of members have used Global.
They come to your house as long as you are in their catchment area.
You can get a quote at least ?.
This seems pretty reasonable!
1638870524042.png

why make the car look like the ICE version? Don't understand that! I'd get the windows tinted above getting a black 'grille' Mind you I've ordered black anyway so no difference for me!! :D

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom