• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

NZ Rebate on Electric cars

So finally New Zealand to offer support of upto $8000 to buyers of new electric cars!!
Sadly we bought our MG ZS ev 6 weeks ago so the value of our car has just dropped by $8000 !!!!!
Don't worry, the dealers will increase the 'before rebate' price by...you guessed it, $8000.
When the rebate was removed from cars over £35000 here recently, amazingly some models were reduced in price to...yep £34,950. :)

Never look backwards!
I have a rule never to check how much that expensive gadget I just bought costs a week later.
Exactly! I have some friends that do that and they end up doing/buying nothing and get completely left behind on anything ‘new’ that could make their lives easier. Mind you, they do have a lot of money to bury in the backyard… :unsure:

So finally New Zealand to offer support of upto $8000 to buyers of new electric cars!!
Sadly we bought our MG ZS ev 6 weeks ago so the value of our car has just dropped by $8000 !!!!!
Bad timing, just focus on the positives you've had the enjoyment of the car earlier. Sadly across the ditch here we still have zip in the way of incentives but......Victoria is leading the world in Taxing EV's unfortunately.

I am in a similar position having bought my MG here in NZ a couple of months ago. However I have no regrets. The MG ZS was the first electric car I have ever had and the first new car that I have ever purchased.
I am so pleased that I bought it.
Plus, I can recharge it for free at the garage I bought it from, while they give me free coffee in their wonderful cafe.

For UK readers, the $8,400 rebate equates to just over 5,000 of your groats.

(I migrated from the UK 19 years ago, hence my knowledge of the currency)
IMG20210618090846.jpg

John Rothery (Tauranga)

I am in a similar position having bought my MG here in NZ a couple of months ago. However I have no regrets. The MG ZS was the first electric car I have ever had and the first new car that I have ever purchased.
I am so pleased that I bought it.
Plus, I can recharge it for free at the garage I bought it from, while they give me free coffee in their wonderful cafe.

For UK readers, the $8,400 rebate equates to just over 5,000 of your groats.

(I migrated from the UK 19 years ago, hence my knowledge of the currency)
View attachment 3657
John Rothery (Tauranga)
Don’t know why we couldn’t get the car in this colour blue…..!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom