"O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us To see oursels as ithers see us!"

QLeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Two interesting articles recently. One is from today's Grauniad with the headline "China's share of Europe's electric car market accelerates as UK leads sales." The article notes that the MG4 is Britain's best-selling electric car at the moment. It further points out that any prejudice against Chinese cars is lessened in the electric market where Chinese companies seen as having a "clean slate" reputation. There is also the inevitable European car maker complaining that they find themselves left behind and playing catch-up.
See - China’s share of Europe’s electric car market accelerates as UK leads sales

The other article was coincidental, an article about BMW's future ideas. I saw the pictures of the prototypes, and thought "That's an MG4 steering wheel,", then later, "That's the back end of an MG4." Clearly whatever design ethic MG have developed is seen to be effective.
See - BMW’s Neue Klasse points to a radical reinvention for future sedans

These two articles coming in close succession made me pretty happy with our MG4. Hope this is of interest.

The other article was coincidental, an article about BMW's future ideas. I saw the pictures of the prototypes, and thought "That's an MG4 steering wheel,", then later, "That's the back end of an MG4." Clearly whatever design ethic MG have developed is seen to be effective.

The Austin Allegro from the 70s had a square steering wheel.
Bit of a stretch to suggest it’s an MG invention.

I'll give you the steering wheel but the back end isn't an MG4

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230904-221548.png
    Screenshot_20230904-221548.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
Two interesting articles recently. One is from today's Grauniad with the headline "China's share of Europe's electric car market accelerates as UK leads sales." The article notes that the MG4 is Britain's best-selling electric car at the moment. It further points out that any prejudice against Chinese cars is lessened in the electric market where Chinese companies seen as having a "clean slate" reputation. There is also the inevitable European car maker complaining that they find themselves left behind and playing catch-up.
See - China’s share of Europe’s electric car market accelerates as UK leads sales

These two articles coming in close succession made me pretty happy with our MG4. Hope this is of interest.
Wow amazing sales achievement second after Tesla. Bravo team MG and they deserve it. Loving MG4 from all perspectives, range performance, features & gadgets, looks and importantly price point. Tesla is my number one for premium category and MG overall ( value for money with quality).

Another thought, I think they are leading delivery this year probably due to long backlog. I had to wait almost 8 months.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back