OBD 2 Dongle + iPhone + ABRP

Ok that makes more sense did you see the post about timed degradation on the LFP?

Sorry that was hard to find

Screenshot_20230302-222753.png

If you have access to an Android phone or tablet you can see the real SOH

Is battery degradation percent over a year or x miles or something else?
Thank you.
There seems to be proof that SR is on a timer (fake degradation)
But normally deg is neither time or mileage it's down to how the battery is being treated mainly the way it's charged things like AC charging only \ not going to low and not sitting to high really help the life of your battery

Hi @N2STY,

Thanks for the link, an interesting piece indeed.

Returning to the iOS and Android reporting and you ABRP screen shot, what does the icon circles in red on this image mean?

1C0E93CA-66A5-4C2F-80AC-F80F1C8B5851.jpeg

Well that’s what I thought. Here’s a screan shot of mine which seems to suggest that somehow my ABRP app is getting live data regarding the battery SoH from the vehicle?

Whether it is or isn't is a moot point, however, because if it is the data is non-empirically calculated by the vehicle and if it isn't it is somehow being assumed by the ABRP app, no doubt by some non-empirical calculation.

77349350-16D4-487F-9B9F-DE08C8BF7C4C.jpeg

Well that’s what I thought. Here’s a screan shot of mine which seems to suggest that somehow my ABRP app is getting live data regarding the battery SoH from the vehicle?

Yes like I said makes sense now I know you have a SR the 5% look a bit to much for 12k miles
As my LR
Screenshot_20230120-141627.png

I have not used ABRP yet so I will have a play

I’d be interested to hear what you discover. I rather like the ABRP app and the idea if using real data from the vehicle should make it more accurate.

I’d be interested to hear what you discover. I rather like the ABRP app and the idea if using real data from the vehicle should make it more accurate.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like Android is compatible for live data at latest I can use eZS

I have been playing with ABPR, running on iOS, coupled with an Vgate vLinker MC+ OBD 2 dongle for a while on and off. The Bluetooth link between the dongle and the iPhone was a little bit flaky and not really that useful.

After a recent firmware update to the dongle the Bluetooth link has becoming far better which makes the dongle more usable.

So much so that I have detected that the battery charge on the ABPR app is a constant 3% higher than that displayed on the MG display. So much so that when the MG display changes from, say 73% to 72% the ABPR app changes from 70% to 69% at the same moment. I am wondering whether there is some offset factor between the MG display and the data sent out via the OBD dongle?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom