OBDII monitoring app for battery soh value

DaevM

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi,
I'm new to MG, specifically the MG4. Haven't taken delivery yet (SE LR) and am coming from a 30kwh kia soul.
My question is whether or not there is a specific phone app to use with an OBDII dongle to monitor the vehicle status?
From what I can work out on my travels trawling around the forum, the answer is no and it's a matter of grabbing figures from here and there, number crunching and coming up with an answer. However my search skills are crap so there may be something out there?
The kia soul (5 years old remember) had an app called SoulEV which was comprehensive and very useful. Everything from battery (both) status (realtime) to tyre pressures, fault codes etc.
Apologies if this is duplication at its worst but....
Attached a couple of screenshots of the SoulEV App showing the kind of thing I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance

Dave.
1000007937.png
1000007938.png

That's brilliant thank you. Loaded car scanner after your recommendation yesterday. Haven't got the car yet to play with. Somewhat daunted by the disclaimers stating "if your car self-destructs, nothing to do with me mate" which I suppose is par for the course and, if I remember correctly the MG4 setting is new/ testing or something like that. Anyway, I'll give it a go when I get the two ( tester/car) aligned and feedback.
Thanks again 👍

Pleased to report car scanner ( free version) and my old Konnwei OBDII dongle i usd with the 2018 Kia Soul work together, no fuss.
Confirming that my 'new' MG4 that had been sitting in docks somewhere for 10 months hasn't suffered battery degradation. Good starting point 😁👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240407-193152.png
    Screenshot_20240407-193152.png
    242.8 KB · Views: 47

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member