Octopus - Electric Universe charging scheme

Jonhklee

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
90DDA46B-0E84-4B2C-936D-8F31F5644604.jpeg
7ECB5FD3-A0E4-4A3E-8A2B-AFFFB4A2FAC9.jpeg

Anyone else got this through their post? Anyone used it yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone I recommended whop doesn't have an EV gave me theirs at the weekend but mine hasn't arrived. But it's pretty much only a relaunch and rebrand of what they had before. And I've never used it (I don't have much cause to use public chargers, else I would)

I don't think it's a "charge card" else I could charge my car on his electricity account!!! :)

Signed up or this a few weeks back, got an account credit for doing so. Not used it yet. Last time I looked at the app, initiating a charge from there was in beta. Not tested it yet.

It’s a charge card, but need registering first to link with energy account. Useful for me in Scotland, as third party charger are getting more common as well as CPS chargers.

It’s a charge card, but need registering first to link with energy account. Useful for me in Scotland, as third party charger are getting more common as well as CPS chargers.
Links to energy account if you are with Octopus so pay as part of your leccy bill, or to your supplied 'card' if not with them.

I’m wary of somebody getting hold of it and running up a big bill on it. Or is it linked to your car only?

I get cash back via my 1-2-3 card with Santander so if it gets charged to my home bill yippee 🙌👍🏼😂

I've not used the card but I used the app associated with the card to charge at a charge point in Morrisons in Canterbury. Straight forward enough. The charge went to my Santander 123 credit card ( via Octopus ) I have linked as the payment method. If I ever move to Octopus ( on BG now until at least August 2023 ) I will link it to my regular bill.

I've used mine three times now, all in November and all on Shell chargers.
I got charged 52p per kWh on a 50kW charger and 57p on 175kW. Seems like a decent discount to me. It was charged to my Octopus Go account.

I got charged 52p per kWh on a 50kW charger and 57p on 175kW. Seems like a decent discount to me. It was charged to my Octopus Go account.
What would the rates have been without the discount?

I’m wary of somebody getting hold of it and running up a big bill on it. Or is it linked to your car only?

I get cash back via my 1-2-3 card with Santander so if it gets charged to my home bill yippee 🙌👍🏼😂
As per my previous post, it is either linked to your Octopus energy account (if you have one) and you pay it as part of that, or you link it to a card and it takes payment after you have charged.

So don't lose it. :)

I've used mine once for a get me home splash of all of 1.74kWh, which doubled as a test of my card.
The discount for Go is 5% and for Intelligent it's 8% so useful when I start doing longer trips and they have good coverage over the water and a decent mapping app.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom