• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Octopus Energy

Yes I agree with all that entirely. It’s a terrifying scenario. Thankfully, many direct immersion heater and indirect, boiler heated, thermostats are now required to have a thermal cut out incorporated. These can sometimes be swapped for the (hopefully) few remaining older uncontrolled types. And bear in mind that these uncontrolled units can include the more “modern” unvented or mains pressure type cylinders. These latter will at least have a back up pressure and temperature safety relief valve but this shouldn’t be deemed to be a replacement for the cut out.
In short - if there’s any doubt - have the system checked - it doesn’t take long.
Sorry that was nothing to do with MG’s but a subject close to an old plumber’s heart.

Sadly have to say that I have come to an end with Octopus Energy Company. My power bills for the last two months have come to £560 approx. Despite my usage/meter readings showing about £130 per month.

They claim they were given a inaccurate reading for an Electric Meter installed in 2008, thus are "catching up".

Jeez, I have all my meter reading for several years before changing over from Ecotricity to Octopus, what 2008 has got to do with it G only knows.

I am back to Ecotricity, not the cheapest, but at least they get the bills right.

Octopus are either incompetent of scammers IMHO.
Just add to add after a year and a bit, I went back to Octopus as their charges are sooo much better, but after several months they still can't give a sensible bill for what I have used.............

And they seem no to be able to do much about it. I do pay £200 a momth, so do hope to be well covered when thay actually sort their end out.........

Going through the same headache with them too, their readings bear no resemblance to what my electric & gas meters readings are, I've taken pics of both elec/gas meter readings on the 1st of every month since I've been with them since Avro energy went belly up, According to them I used over 12 months worth of electricity just for the month of June. 😠

I've been with Octopus for over a year, my contract ends next month so just renewed. I opt to pay the bill in full every month so I don't build up a credit or debt.

Dave

I've had no end of hassle with Octopus since moving to them... apparently I used nearly £500,000 in gas in a single month.

Amusingly I've still not paid them a penny since joining in April as they still can't fix my account... I just chase them every couple of weeks, never hear anything back from them, probably overdue speaking to OFGEM but I really CBA!

I've had no end of hassle with Octopus since moving to them... apparently I used nearly £500,000 in gas in a single month.

Amusingly I've still not paid them a penny since joining in April as they still can't fix my account... I just chase them every couple of weeks, never hear anything back from them, probably overdue speaking to OFGEM but I really CBA!
Good grief! I thought my dealings with them were bad enough. I cant get any joy with them at all, I've now stopped sending in electricity meter readings as it would cost me a whole years worth of electricity for every single month I submit readings, Such are their readings out of whack with mine, It's not like I've done anything with our meter readings I cant change them, They are what they've always been :mad:
The problem is at their end not mine.
We're a low usage household with just my wife & I who are both retired, I only charge the MG ZS EV twice a month at the very most & that's from around 50% to 80%.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom