Octopus EV Moni Pro charger

mj224

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have this EO charger for a year or so. I have delayed getting it on line for various reasons.

Now I am trying to do that.

I go through the routine, it is trying to connect, but in the end fails. Err-5006.

I suspect my internet connection is not strong enough. I am trying to connect through a block wall. the strength is about the -60dBm required. It does vary from -54dBm to -65dBm however.

Is this error code relating to the signal strength, or something else. I am using a TP link NP300 which goes through the wall, with the above differences in Signal strength.

Is there a stronger extender which might give a more consistent signal for the EO charger to work well??

Or does the error code refer to something else.

I cannot find anything of this error code on the net...

TIA...Mj

I have this EO charger for a year or so. I have delayed getting it on line for various reasons.

Now I am trying to do that.

I go through the routine, it is trying to connect, but in the end fails. Err-5006.

I suspect my internet connection is not strong enough. I am trying to connect through a block wall. the strength is about the -60dBm required. It does vary from -54dBm to -65dBm however.

Is this error code relating to the signal strength, or something else. I am using a TP link NP300 which goes through the wall, with the above differences in Signal strength.

Is there a stronger extender which might give a more consistent signal for the EO charger to work well??

Or does the error code refer to something else.

I cannot find anything of this error code on the net...

TIA...Mj
Set up a hotspot (2.4Ghz) on your phone and try to connect it to that while standing next to it. If it connects, you know you need some sort of extender, if not, maybe something else is the issue.

Was the unit fully commissioned when it was installed? To my knowledge those codes are for EO's use and probably imply that a firmware upgrade (possibly related to the new regulations) is required before it will connect. I'd contact EO support.

Thanks both. Using a hotspot is a good idea.

I wish they would tell me what the error code means. Then I would have a clue whats up...:-(

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom