Offline music options

IrishClanger

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I’ve been reading the manual(!) and looking in this great forum for details on how I can listen to music in the car. I’ve a deposit on a 2nd Gen ZS EV. If I have an iPhone connected by cable with CarPlay can I use a separate Bluetooth device to play music through the stereo? My issue is my iPhone doesn’t have enough space for much offline music and I’m on a company data plan so can’t stream. I was considering using a USB stick for music but I see on here there are currently issues with tracks appearing as A-Z order only. If that is fixed can I have CarPlay and a USB stick on the USB C front slot for music? Thanks!

When I use a usb stick for off-line music I arrange the music into folders such as "Artist, album etc" Then I can either listen to one folder full, or or go 'random' and listen to a random mix of everything that's on the stick.

If you need to know more, just ask...

Dave

Thanks for the info Dave. What are you driving, is it the Gen 1 ZS EV by any chance? I read on here that the G2 has a bug that means it ignores the folders and just shows all the tracks as an A-Z list, or is that fixed now?
When playing from USB, if you also have CarPlay connected, do the steering wheel audio controls for track changing operate the USB music ok?

This is all I can tell you :
1. Mine is a Gen 1 car (1st reg mid sept 2021) and has had major update on the electronics - didn't notice any differences;

2. I use the USB stick based music every day, have used Android Auto but because I don't have a big data contract it's not that useful, so I don't know the simultaneous usage issues.

Just love the car. I'm spending roughly 1/6th of what I used to spend with my diesel vehicle !!!!

Thanks again. Glad to hear you’re enjoying the car. Do you know if a USB stick greater than 32 Gb works ok if formatted as FAT32?

When I use a usb stick for off-line music I arrange the music into folders such as "Artist, album etc" Then I can either listen to one folder full, or or go 'random' and listen to a random mix of everything that's on the stick.

If you need to know more, just ask...

Dave
Hi Dave, I’m brand new to these forums and only had my car 1 week. My USB is not showing the folders of artists and only A-Z tracks. Is there a way to view the artist folder?
Cheers.

Hi Dave, I’m brand new to these forums and only had my car 1 week. My USB is not showing the folders of artists and only A-Z tracks. Is there a way to view the artist folder?
Cheers.
Hi Vinny, can I just ask, what is it you want to achieve, before we talk too much about how it gets done ?

Seem like this is a step backwards from the previous model. Perhaps MG assumed the everyone would be using a streaming service via car play or auto and didn't add this useful feature.

I’ve been reading the manual(!) and looking in this great forum for details on how I can listen to music in the car. I’ve a deposit on a 2nd Gen ZS EV. If I have an iPhone connected by cable with CarPlay can I use a separate Bluetooth device to play music through the stereo? My issue is my iPhone doesn’t have enough space for much offline music and I’m on a company data plan so can’t stream. I was considering using a USB stick for music but I see on here there are currently issues with tracks appearing as A-Z order only. If that is fixed can I have CarPlay and a USB stick on the USB C front slot for music? Thanks!

Just use the 'Shuffle' option, it works with my MG5 sr

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom