OHME charger

fshuk1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
So I now have the OHME charger. I choose OHME purely because Octopus needs it if you want Octopus Intelligent tariff.

Now the problem with OHME is, it is too intelligent !!! It will charge my car to 98% and then stops. I assume in order to preserve the battery. Now, as we know LFP batteries not only need 100% charging but they need even more to balance the batteries.

At the moment the only solution I have is
1) Use OHME intelligent setting until it gets as far as it goes. Then, physically go to the charger and switch it to MAX so it continues until you stop it
2)Use OHME to get best tariff blah blah and then put the Granny charger across it for a long time until it fills the last bit and balances the batteries

Has anyone found a better solution please?

Hi, the Ohme should let the car go to 100%.
Do you have any timers set in the car and what schedules are set on the Ohme?

I have had this but found that if I do put the percent charge over by 5 or more it puts it upto 100. Just a couple of percent does not quite fill it up.

So I now have the OHME charger. I choose OHME purely because Octopus needs it if you want Octopus Intelligent tariff.

Now the problem with OHME is, it is too intelligent !!! It will charge my car to 98% and then stops. I assume in order to preserve the battery. Now, as we know LFP batteries not only need 100% charging but they need even more to balance the batteries.

At the moment the only solution I have is
1) Use OHME intelligent setting until it gets as far as it goes. Then, physically go to the charger and switch it to MAX so it continues until you stop it
2)Use OHME to get best tariff blah blah and then put the Granny charger across it for a long time until it fills the last bit and balances the batteries

Has anyone found a better solution please?
I have Ohme and Octopus intelligent. If I have, for example, 36% charge left and I want car to be charged to 100% then I set Ohme to add 70% (I could set to add 64% but I always round up to nearest 10%) then my car charges to 100%.

Hi, the Ohme should let the car go to 100%.
Do you have any timers set in the car and what schedules are set on the Ohme?
no, everything is off except the cap price

I have had this but found that if I do put the percent charge over by 5 or more it puts it upto 100. Just a couple of percent does not quite fill it up.
the charger keeps resetting this. I guess it is because I have agile currently and set the cap price. The charger then is too smart and looks ahead and says , based on your cap we can only get to this % and resets it. Lol.....

I have Ohme and Octopus intelligent. If I have, for example, 36% charge left and I want car to be charged to 100% then I set Ohme to add 70% (I could set to add 64% but I always round up to nearest 10%) then my car charges to 100%.
I assume you do not use price cap

BTW the OHME charger help desk is manned by a ..............

im using an OHME with Agile tariff and im running the new beta Solar firmware. I charge my MG4 based on the agile unit price and the price cap. It grabs the slots to charge and does go to 100% however if i force max charge even at 100 then the car still pulls 1.2kw down to 600w then 200w for a while so im not sure if the OHME is cutting into the balance charge and not letting the car stop it

I assume you do not use price cap
Correct, no price cap. This allows Intelligent Octopus to start charging outside the off peak times if it prefers, and you still get charged at the off peak rate. This only applies if the full charge can be completed within your off peak period. I see you are on Agile Octopus and I’m not so familiar with that.

Just had an email in:
Don't forget to adjust your charging schedule

Clocks are going forward on Sunday 26 March and daylight saving time begins – longer and lighter evenings at last!

Old off-peak time: 12am to 5am,
New off-peak time: 1am to 6am

I assume that I leave the Ohme "charger" to do its own thing?

Attachments

• IMG_4766.PNG
    IMG_4766.PNG
    183.5 KB · Views: 74
im using an OHME with Agile tariff and im running the new beta Solar firmware. I charge my MG4 based on the agile unit price and the price cap. It grabs the slots to charge and does go to 100% however if i force max charge even at 100 then the car still pulls 1.2kw down to 600w then 200w for a while so im not sure if the OHME is cutting into the balance charge and not letting the car stop it
This is exactly how it should work. After 100% charge it should start pulling less and less KW as it balances batteries. The only problem is we need to manually put it on MAX. On Max full power is available but as much as the car wants to pull. The car continues to pull lower power as it balances the batteries.

My main problem is I don't want it to need manual intervention.

Can someone call and ask the OHME help desk how to do this? I found life is too short to speak to that particular person.

This is exactly how it should work. After 100% charge it should start pulling less and less KW as it balances batteries. The only problem is we need to manually put it on MAX. On Max full power is available but as much as the car wants to pull. The car continues to pull lower power as it balances the batteries.

My main problem is I don't want it to need manual intervention.

Can someone call and ask the OHME help desk how to do this? I found life is too short to speak to that particular person.
"Can someone call and ask the OHME help desk how to do this? I found life is too short to speak to that particular person"

I'm sure we are all fighting each other to do this for you! you asked the question you contact them.

Life is too short to be running around after random strangers when I have no need to

"Can someone call and ask the OHME help desk how to do this? I found life is too short to speak to that particular person"

I'm sure we are all fighting each other to do this for you! you asked the question you contact them.

Life is too short to be running around after random strangers when I have no need to
Thank you Leni16. It gladdens my heart to know that you have taken enough time to share your thoughts with me.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back