OHME Plug change

Jomarkh

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, is it possible to remove a type two plug from an Ohme intelligent charger and replace it with a 32A commando plug and put a 32A commando socket on the wall with the mains on a 6mm cable via a isolation switch?

If I understand your question correctly, you want to hardwire a commando socket, then plug in an Ohme charger to connect to your car? If so then Ohme sell such a charger with the commando plug already fitted.

They do but I already have a type2 to type2 just want to cut the end off and rewire.

If you are doing it on the input side of the charger then I see no reason not to. It will only be the same as they sell themselves. But why not fit a type 2 socket? Unless you wanted the commando to be able to connect a caravan or similar. Just don't tow it with your MG5.

The CP wire is used just to turn the wall box on and it is the car that controls this so it shuts the wall box off when done. My question is this: if the type two socket is replaced with a commando type does the car just turn the OHME box on with the CP wire?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom